switch on TV (CEC) when librelec is turned on

• im running liberelec lates version on a HTPC(Generic PC) with kodi v20.3
    And im still having sometimes issues with the sound

Sometimes the sonos surround set is not started( only TV sound) or the sound is stuttering. By rebooting liberelec it is working ok.
    This problems i had often with the kodi v18. When i first switch on a other device (which triggers the HDMI, swich on TV and sonos ) it is running alway ok

So i wondering if it is possible that my HTPC (which is connected to the TV by HDMI) could also switch automaticaaly the TV and SONOS on )

is check forums and see something like a command

CECActivateSource

Any help will be very nice

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I think a log will not help, because at my previous version kodi18 i had the same issue but more often

I also did an upload of log and there was nothing wrong in the log, according to a kodi of llibreelec expert.

But i can make a log when it happens.

But is there a way that my htpc can send a signal to my tv through hdmi, to turn on tv?

• Do you have a CEC capable LE system? Like Raspberry Pi or USB CEC adapter?

Another thing I just did to fix wake issues on my system was "getedid create". This stores EDID info, so your LE system knows what it's connected to even if they are still waking up.
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

BTW, thanks to the LE developers for the "getdid" command. I remember years ago doing this manually, and now it's so much simpler!

• Do you have a CEC capable LE system? Like Raspberry Pi or USB CEC adapter?

Yes, RPi. When you activate another source on TV, then the TV usually switches to that source. The same happens by source reboot. Otherwise CEC adapter is needed to initialize the system.

I think the latter is the case here: HTPC is already on, and has to say "hello" to TV when it's turned on. It does so by being an A/V source to the TV, but not by sending a "hello" CEC signal. So the AVR probably doesn't get a CEC initialization signal, and audio routing is incorrect.

So i wondering if it is possible that my HTPC (which is connected to the TV by HDMI) could also switch automaticaaly the TV and SONOS on )

If you don't have a CEC adapter in your menu (see post #4), then the answer is no.

• at Settings --> System --> Input --> Peripherals

This one is empty

At tab SOUND, i selected

ALSA: HDA Intel pch Mei Panasonic TV on display port #0

If my HTPC is CEC competable?

I do not know, where can i find that?

It is a small motherboard ASROCK J4205-itx

And i do not have a CEC splitter after my htpc

Edited once, last by niek: Merged a post created by niek into this post. (January 21, 2024 at 10:11 AM).

• If my HTPC is CEC competable?

Obviously not.

Your do HTPC--HDMI-->TV--HDMI-->AVR. That's a problem, because AVR doesn't get the CEC initialization sometimes.

Can you go HTPC--HDMI-->TV and HTPC--S/PDIF-->AVR? Then you don't need CEC initialization.

• Using SPDIF, no my Sonos does not support

SPDIF. So i have to install a CEC splitter then?

But i thought when first switch on TV. The TV will trigger the Sonos (AVR).But this is sometime not the case. Every device else like Google tv , ziggo box and ps5, will trigger the AVR. So now I always switch on ziggo box first before HTPC

• I checked the molthboard j4205 manuals, but i could not find anything about CEC at HDMI. So this port is not CEC compliant

Setup the log ad kodi , now waiting for the audio issue