[RPi5, LE12] Mount Storage Error

• I got my raspberry pi 5 the other day and have it up and running with LE11. 4K HDR with HD audio is working great.

oddly I was unable to install LE12 - I got a Mount_storage error. using the same card and process LE11 worked fine. I tried with 2 different cards and had the same result.

• I got my raspberry pi 5 the other day and have it up and running with LE11. 4K HDR with HD audio is working great.

oddly I was unable to install LE12 - I got a Mount_storage error. using the same card and process LE11 worked fine. I tried with 2 different cards and had the same result.

i got the same error trying to run the aarch64 LE12 images. The LE11 ARM64 images booted fine on the RPI5. Out of pure frustration I assumed that the power supply i had been using on my RPI4 would be sufficient for the RPI5. It is not. When i put a 20w PD USB-C supply to the board suddenly the LE12 images booted fine. YMMV but try using a more powerful PS (official recommendation is using the 27w PD USB-C PS)

• There's a bug somewhere in the boot process. It's known but unresolved. First boot will succeed. Second will fail. Third and all future boots will succeed fine. So no need to examine SD cards or check PSU's, just power up the board again.

• If it boots correctly after the third attempt, it's the same error.

Ah ha!

I'd gotten that error on 1st power up (I installed 20231207 twice, then 20231209) after each of the 3 installs, but never tried a reboot. I just simply rebooted this time and it came up on the 2nd boot.

TYVM