Posts by Free Man

I'm running LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240303-d72cc46 on an RPi5, Embruary skin, and EmbyCon to connect to my Emby server running in a docker on UNRAID. (Just upgraded from LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240215-540999d, happened on both versions. Haven't tested on anything older.)

I've added my "Sports" network share where I have mostly race videos, organized like this:

Code
    Sports
    --F1
    --V8

Side Note:

Each directory can have anywhere from 3 to 10 files covering one race weekend. I have these videos in just a file structure, because I've got recordings of practice, qualifying & the race for various race series and it doesn't fit neatly into Emby's format - it wants to list everything in one huge "episode list" and I don't like them that way - I prefer to organize the files into race weekends so I can watch an entire F1 race weekend, then maybe jump to a Supercars weekend, then to something else. (If anyone knows of a good way to integrate this as a "TV Show" in Emby, I'd be more than happy to rearrange, but this is the best I've come up with.)

The Problem:

Once I start playing a video from this directory structure, I've got no remote control over it other than "Stop". I can't hit pause, the jump forward/back don't work. Hitting stop does not set a bookmark, so I have to restart from the beginning (which can be annoying, some of the files are a full day's worth of coverage - 8-10 hours long). Fast forward & rewind do not work.

If I play a show or movie from a media library, everything works fine.

I've done it this way for more than a decade and I've never had issues before.

Anyone have any idea where I should start looking to figure out what's going on?

Unfortunately, I can no longer log into the Kodi forums to ask (my old account doesn't seem to work, nor does password recovery), and it won't let me create a new account, insisting that my @gmail.com email address is invalid... :shrug:

Running 12.0 nightly 20231213, the Embruary skin is marked as incompatible. I reinstalled the 20231211 build and it's fine.

Not sure if this is going to be an incompatibility moving forward or if maybe some version bit got set somewhere marking it as incompatible. Not sure if Embruary is even still being developed at all, so I don't know if there's a chance of it catching up.

I'm trying to add a video folder for sports videos that don't fit neatly into the Movies or TV Show model. I've done this on all my previous Kodi/LE installs and never had any issues.

Now, whether I try to add it via SMB or NFS, I get an error message stating

Unable to connect

The connection to the network location couldn't be established. This could be due to the network not being connected. would you like to add it anyway?

Claiming the network might not be connected is rather vague considering I've got Embycon and Emby Next Gen running and I can watch TV episodes from the very same server that the video folder is hosted on.

I've tried with nightly-20231209 and nightly-20231211 and get the same response.

Where do I start with troubleshooting this?

Ah, I see. It's step 1 OR step 2, I see.

I did download and select the latest LE12 release in step 2, so I presume it used that one, but maybe not, since it's not properly starting LE/Kodi. I'll do it again without selecting anything in step 1 and see if that helps. If not, I'll go find the LE12 thread and search for/report my issue there.

TYVM.

I wouldn't look at the 8GB model unless planning to run containers and such in the background. For normal LE use a 2GB board would be fine so the lower spec 4GB board is more than enough.

TYVM!

My old Asus Chromebox Kodi box is on its last legs and needs to be replaced, so at the end of the month when the RPi5 comes out, it's a quick trip to MicroCenter to pick up the new pieces and put the old gal to rest.

I run all my dockers on my file server, so no need for them here.