My wifi card is not detected

• Hello,

I'm using a desktop pc and my wifi card is not detected, even if it's working with normal OS. The model is Realtek RTL8822BE. Is it technically possible to fix it ?

• Kermit_Protocol
    August 31, 2023 at 11:05 PM
  • Did you try a recent LE12 nightly? I don't know which platform (x86-64, I guess?) but RTL8822BE is enabled on LE12 nightly. RTL8822BU (usb variant) is working without issue on LE12 nightly for RPi4 platform.

• Does "normal OS" means Linux? If yes, then it's worth to dig deeper, but we need a log...

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • PS: There is a chance that pastekodi command doesn't work (third party server problem). In that case copy & paste the log (/storage/.kodi/kodi.log) into the attachment of your next post. Devs are working on our own log server to fix it.

• kodi.log is no replacement for pastekodi on HW issues. If upload is not working even after a few minutes use

Code
    pastekodi -c >myname.log 

and upload the file manually to a site.

• The output of "pastekodi" includes the system log (dmesg) which is where we can see the drivers probe and load firmware (or not) which is more useful. Kodi debug logs don't contain any of that.