RPI3 & 9.2.8 no HDMI output

• Hi all,

the Rpi3 used for LE suddenly lost HDMI output.

I suspect HW issues, as no sw/config changes were made, and can not get it to display anything on TV / monitor in various cable and device configurations.

Here is a pastekodi output - http://ix.io/4Mq6

Much thanks to any pointers on what else to check before buying a new RPi.

Have a great day!

• Have you tried an alternative RPI3 power supply. It may be failing giving you intermittent problems.

I've tried different power supplies, and actually different RPI's. All points to this one being faulty, but before throwing it out, I wanted to do a bit more exact troubleshooting. By method of elimination, it looks like a HW fault.

- SD card with new image works with the same PS, HDMI cable and monitor fine.

- this RPI doesn't display anything at all with 2 different power supplies and 3 different SD cards with 2 different LE images

• Rather than throwing out the Rpi3 if the video output is no longer working, you might consider repurposing the Rpi3 as a headless (no video monitor) device running a service like a web and/or file server. An internet search on the terms "raspberry pi os install headless" should bring up several suggestions.

• Hi, in the past I had some similar HDMI issues (RPi3B LE), always because of display recognition (HDMI cable, TV in StBy when the RPi booted). Basically if the LE don't "see" the diplay at the end of the HDMI cable... no picture at all. Did you tried with another display? Always power up first the display than the RPi to be able to "read" the display capabilities. Also you can try some settings in the config.txt related to the HDMI output (force HDMI, preset resolution... search for the config.txt documentation). In the case of the LE11/12, I think the display resolution settings are moved to the "cmdline.txt". Also you could try it with another OS (Raspberry Pi OS?). It's not impossible to be an RPi3 hardware issue, but in most of the cases is something else, don't give up so easy.

• I suspect HW issues, as no sw/config changes were made, and can not get it to display anything on TV / monitor in various cable and device configurations.

Or one of your banned add-ons did something bad. :D

I keep this thread open, because post #2 has legit add-ons.