No HDMI audio when using Tow-Boot

• Hello,

I have a RockPro64 and I'm trying to boot LibreELEC from an external sata disk (using a SATA to USB 3 adapter) using Tow-boot bootloader.

Everything works but although all audio devices are listed I have no HDMI audio no matter which one I choose. Audio works in the audio output, though. The only issue is HDMI.

If I uninstall the bootloader and boot from a SD card audio I get audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

• If the main variable is LE u-boot vs. Tow-Boot and LE works, it implies the issue is something being done differently in Tow-Boot. In that case the "why doesn't it work" question really needs to be put to the Tow-Boot maintainers, not LE maintainers. As a general rule Linux should be configuring the hardware when it takes over from the boot environment, but in some cases you do find an underlying dependency on things like clocks where the bootloader is setting something and Linux is not (thus blindly inheriting whatever the bootloader did). LE is currently using u-boot 2022.10 with a few minor u-boot patches, but nothing that stands out as significant to me. In short.. /shrug