[LE 11] Wetek play 2

• You can boot using the "box" image after setting the dtb name to use in uEnv.ini .. AND .. doing the toothpick/reset process to force u-boot to reload our boot scripts from the SD card. This will prevent CE from booting .. unless you repeat the toothpick/reset to force u-boot to reload their boot scripts. You cannot simply swap SD cards to swap OS.

• It's in the boot partition of the AMLGX "box" image. If you download the "wetek-play2" image, that's the wrong image (can only be used with upstream u-boot, i.e. requires Android/vendor u-boot to be erased or overwritten).

• You can boot using the "box" image after setting the dtb name to use in uEnv.ini .. AND .. doing the toothpick/reset process to force u-boot to reload our boot scripts from the SD card. This will prevent CE from booting .. unless you repeat the toothpick/reset to force u-boot to reload their boot scripts. You cannot simply swap SD cards to swap OS.

Wetek Hub with 8.2.5 aarch64 trying to update to latest Libreelec ... unfortunately the renaming of the file within uEnv.ini does not work (using box image) - hangs at Wetek boot screen.

Taking the meson-gxbb-wetek-hub.dtb and moving it to root and renaming it as dtb.img works

• ON Edit:

On our Wetek Play 2 I followed the wiki:

WeTek Hub/Play2

Installing LibreELEC to internal eMMC storage

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic/wetek-hub-play2

The process rather simple and it worked beautifully! I was surprised, I expected some type of trouble, but the only change outside no longer needing a SD card, the process appeared to prompt my router to assign a new ip address. I copied my .kodi info using MC (midnight commander) sftp shell and all seems good now (using 11.0.3)

Edited once, last by PaJoe (August 1, 2023 at 6:34 PM).

• Put the file in /storage/.update or do a manual update in the settings add-on.

Thanks, I just edited my previous post about the same time as you replied , I am now using eMMC on our Wetek Play 2 .

You and the others that helped did a great job!

• Hi,

I have a Wetek Play 2 and following the steps in this thread to install LE11, I have been able to do it using "Box Image" but it does not detect the integrated DVB-S tuner, any solution?

Thanks

• Sasser

AMLOGIC

To set expectations, here’s the ‘No’ list:

• No support for updates from older LE releases (clean install is mandatory)
    • No support for internal eMMC install except WeTek Hub/Play2 and SBC boards
    • No support for SSV6501 and S908CS WiFi chips
    • No drivers for in-box DVB tuners
    • No hardware deinterlacing
    • No HDR to SDR tonemapping
    • No formal support for newer S905X2/D2/Y2, S905X3, S922X, A311D devices (read below)