[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• LibreELEC 9 beta version for KI Pro based on GDPR-2 LE 1.0.4.1

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2-K.tar

You can use it for other S905/S905X devices and WeTeK Play2. You need only replace dbt.img and add /storage/.config/remote.conf.

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g055f6ee;

-TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.33-607.zip;

- pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus are preinstalled;

- fixes for smooth hi-bitrate playback (jellyfish-200Mbps);

- chapter skipping fix;

- fixes for wrongly reported fps;

- aspect ratio16:9 is preferred for start playback SD live TV;

- Samba 4.7.1;

- fix for audio stall detection

Sources: GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at 8.90.2

P.S.

In kszaq repository is wrong dtb.img for KI Plus. Use KI_Plus_dtb.zip

• Wohooo, sounds great. I face a lot of bugs for the build of adamg. Can I update/downgrade from/to 8.2 by placing the image in the update folder or will there be problems?

• I just tried update method but it failed to update. Failed MD5 check or something i saw whilst updating.

I'll try fresh install?

I'm still on 5th October build. See signature.

I updated from GDPR-2 1.0.4.1 but my remote does not work for afl1 build neither. Since 1.0.4 only arrow keys and OK is working, the rest not.

Maybe afl1 could have a look?

I use an airmouse without any remote.conf. It was working without configuring anything in 8.2 and since 7.xx.

Live TV is working flawlessly.

Edited once, last by rosenrot (November 9, 2017 at 11:15 PM).

• I updated from GDPR-2 1.0.4.1 but my remote does not work for afl1 build neither. Since 1.0.4 only arrow keys and OK is working, the rest not.

Maybe afl1 could have a look?

I use an airmouse without any remote.conf. It was working without configuring anything in 8.2 and since 7.xx.

Live TV is working flawlessly.

There was changes upstream that broke some remote support, however this was resolved for amlogic remotes.

You said you suffer from "alot" of bugs with my build, I would be interested to know what these are.

• There was changes upstream that broke some remote support, however this was resolved for amlogic remotes.

You said you suffer from "alot" of bugs with my build, I would be interested to know what these are.

• The remote+ probox airmouse does not work anymore (reported to you already - you told me check remote.conf)
    • Starting my KI Plus without the TV on, I get a distorted screen (reported to you already - you told me bootloader issue)
    • Live TV starts beeing unstable after 2 hours, showing micro freezes every 10 seconds
    • The refreshing frequency seems to jump between 50/60Hz randomly (TV screen does not fit after reboot/playing video from addons...)

I stopped using the GDPR-2 build for now because everything works fine in 8.2.

The distorted screen problem does not occour anymore for afl1 build. The other bugs I can not really test without a working remote. I'm wondering if I'm the only one facing problems with the remote under 9.0 builds.

I hope no one gets me wrong here, I'm happy for all your efforts. Without the Libreelec builds the Amlogic devices would receive far less attention.

• The remote+ probox airmouse does not work anymore (reported to you already - you told me check remote.conf)
    • Starting my KI Plus without the TV on, I get a distorted screen (reported to you already - you told me bootloader issue)
    • Live TV starts beeing unstable after 2 hours, showing micro freezes every 10 seconds
    • The refreshing frequency seems to jump between 50/60Hz randomly (TV screen does not fit after reboot/playing video from addons...)

The distorted screen problem does not occour anymore for afl1 build. The other bugs I can not really test without a working remote. I'm wondering if I'm the only one facing problems with the remote under 9.0 builds.

I hope no one gets me wrong here, I'm happy for all your efforts. Without the Libreelec builds the Amlogic devices would receive far less attention.

You was very vague in your bug report stating simply that your remote did not work, you did not state you was using an airmouse remote nor did you provide any logs. Did you try your original amlogic remote?

Live TV is not something I support as I have no access to any DVB tuner, if your referring to steaming live TV then that is another matter.

There is an option to turn off the display refresh rate change in settings and keep it set at a fixed display rate.

I'm glad everything works for you on 8.2 but my builds are clearly marked as experimental and should be treated as such, if your going to report bugs you need to be more descriptive and willing to help me get to the bottom of them rather than being vague and just saying something doesn't work. To be perfectly honest I will most likely not take the time to respond properly with very little to go, it's extremely frustrating.

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (November 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM).

Thank for report. Booting issue you can fix by setting environment variable hdmimode:

Code
      fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

In kszaq repository is wrong dtb.img for KI Plus. Use KI_Plus_dtb.zip to fix RC issue.

• Thank for report. Booting issue you can fix by setting environment variable hdmimode:

Code
      fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

In kszaq repository is wrong dtb.img for KI Plus. Use KI_Plus_dtb.zip to fix RC issue.

Thanks for the feedback afl1 . Unfortunately, your KI_Plus_dtb does not help with my remote control problem. Can I somehow debug anything?

usb-devices is showing my remote, seems obvious because some buttons work.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows:

Edited once, last by rosenrot (November 10, 2017 at 6:06 PM).

• Thanks for the feedback afl1 . Unfortunately, your KI_Plus_dtb does not help with my remote control problem. Can I somehow debug anything?

The dtb file won't help your remote as I have already said... you will need to turn on debug logging and press each button on your remote that doesn't work and provide a copy of your log file so a keymap can be made. The issue can not be resolved until you provide that.

• Thanks for the feedback afl1 . Unfortunately, your KI_Plus_dtb does not help with my remote control problem. Can I somehow debug anything?

It look like you have wrong remote.conf. Try clean install of my image on new SD card and then replace dtb.img. I did same test on my KI Plus and RC was working.

• It look like you have wrong remote.conf. Try clean install of my image on new SD card and then replace dtb.img. I did same test on my KI Plus and RC was working.

I did a clean install with your build from yesterday. Just before I put the dtb and the .tar of your image into the update folder, same error.

I never had to create a remote.conf for the USB airmouse and under 8.2 it is working.

I installed the keymap editor and tried to set keys from the airmouse but it did not recognise it.

• rosenrot 8.2 != 9.0

SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Remote+", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=="?*", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""

Save the above in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/61-not-joysticks.rules

Reboot and report back

• Thanks a lot! The airmouse works now. In the future I will try to be more precise with my bug reports, I really appreciate the work of you guys here. Thanks GDPR-2  kszaq and afl1 , you make my box usable.