Transmission on KODI (can't connect to repository)

• Hello,

I needed to reinstall the system on my raspberry pi 3, and now I can no longer connect to the repositories with the addons I used (Transmission).

I used Raspberry on Kodi with the torrent server running on it, to automatically add it when placing the .torrent in the raspberry folder and also through the browser, but now I am no longer able to install it.

I get the message that it was not possible to connect to the Thoradia Repository. I tried the Isellens repository and it didn't work either.

Could someone help me?

• This is my SSH command for install transmission for docker:

docker run -d \

--name=9091-transmission \

--net=host \

--cpus=0.5 \

-e PUID=0 \

-e PGID=0 \

-e TZ=Europe/Paris \

-e USER=transmission \

-e PASS=libreelec \

-e DOCKER_MODS=linuxserver/mods:universal-wait-for-internet \

-p 9091:9091 \

-p 51413:51413 \

-p 51413:51413/udp \

-v /storage/.config/dockers/transmission/config:/config \

-v /media/5TB-HDD/.transmission/downloads:/downloads \

-v /storage/.config/dockers/transmission/watch:/watch \

-v /media:/media \

--restart unless-stopped \

linuxserver/transmission

replace 5TB-HDD with de name of your partition on external disk

• Thank you.

I managed to install! I just didn't find how to configure the default download folder? I would like to direct it to a folder on the External HD... today Transmission is downloading directly to the microsd. :(

• Can you help me ?

I've installed docker, I've used your script (modified storage options, etc) but I'm getting:

Unable to find image 'linuxserver/transmission:latest' locally

docker: Error response from daemon: Get "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/linuxserver…6764444740ae01d": dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.1.1:53: no such host.

See 'docker run --help'.

I was hoping that docker image will be auto downloadedbu it looks like there is some problem

• ^ that's a DNS resolution failure. You might need to investigate Docker comms.

Any resource I could use ?

And on machine using LibreELEC DNS resolution works fine - ping registry-l.docker.io shows me proper IP address (44.205.64.79)

So it's not problem with DNS on machine, this might be something with docker configuration (but I know nothing about docker so I'm not sure where to look to fix the problem)

• Mmm.

I do get the impression that there's something about Docker on RPi 4.

Is it still functional?

They seem to have given up on an aarch64 implementation to switch to some armv8.

Any info on that and how it might affect Docker based add-ons generally speaking?

• Mmm.

I do get the impression that there's something about Docker on RPi 4.

Is it still functional?

They seem to have given up on an aarch64 implementation to switch to some armv8.

Any info on that and how it might affect Docker based add-ons generally speaking?

In this case it's AMD processor (it's T630 thin client)

Is there any other way of installing torrent client on LibreELEC ?

• Is there any other way of installing torrent client on LibreELEC ?

The danger of hijacking other people's threads is people get confused. The OP had an RPi3 .. and you have different hardware.

In both cases the current Linuxserver container appears to be armv8/aarch64 only which means it will not run on any current LE release. It will run on the LE12 nightly for RPi2(3) boards as we switched to aarch64 there. It will not run on any Generic image which needs x86_64.

There are probably other container sources out there if you look for them.

• The danger of hijacking other people's threads is people get confused. The OP had an RPi3 .. and you have different hardware.

In both cases the current Linuxserver container appears to be armv8/aarch64 only which means it will not run on any current LE release. It will run on the LE12 nightly for RPi2(3) boards as we switched to aarch64 there. It will not run on any Generic image which needs x86_64.

There are probably other container sources out there if you look for them.

thanks, I'll try to search for other containers (but till now - it does not look like LibreELEC is having a huge amount of documentation related to docker)

about hijacking threads - I'm used to asking in existing (similar) threads instead of creating new ones. On many forums the policy is to open new thread only if there is nothing similar to your problem.

• thanks, I'll try to search for other containers (but till now - it does not look like LibreELEC is having a huge amount of documentation related to docker)

about hijacking threads - I'm used to asking in existing (similar) threads instead of creating new ones. On many forums the policy is to open new thread only if there is nothing similar to your problem.

Did you finally manage to install transmission in LibreELEC 11.0.3 on a Raspberry 4? If so, can you guide me? I can't find the addon in any repository