Tanix TX6 Overheating and shutting down at bootup

• Hello everyone, I'm new here. I tried running the latest stable image for Tanix Tx6 (LibreELEC-H6.arm-11.0.1-tanix-tx6.img) .

However in the booting phase the device reports Over heating error and shuts down.

It shows the following error
    thermal thermal_zone0" cpu-thermal: critical temperature reached,shutting down

reboot "HARDWARE PROTECTION shutdown (Temperature too high)

However booting into stock Android 9 works fine. I tested running android with h.265 videos running for an hour and the device seemed stable but upon booting from SD Card the Over Heating error pops up again.

Is there a solution for this?

Please Advice!

Jakes

• What's the actual CPU temp on the box? .. is it running at 85ºC or did the kernel evolve and finally gain support for reporting CPU thermals resulting in some overlooked placeholder value triggering warnings at 50ºC?

• Code
    I had that problem from the first moment on the tx6 and I had to put a fan in it to make it work. I don't remember if I reported this problem. In android it works without problem but in libreelec it shuts down or restarts due to overheating
  • v10

What's the actual CPU temp on the box? .. is it running at 85ºC or did the kernel evolve and finally gain support for reporting CPU thermals resulting in some overlooked placeholder value triggering warnings at 50ºC?

If i rest the Tx6 for a while and turn on again, the device will boot up in LE11 and allow playing of videos.. But the CPU is reporting 130 F to 140 F while idling. Playing a video will cause it to go higher eventually crashing giving the Over Temperature error. Haven't been able to play videos for more than a few minutes so far.

As for LE10 somehow the WiFi isn't working so that's not an ideal solution too... In LE11 everything works perfectly except for the over heating issue... I wonder how the issue doesn't happen with android OS. Are they disabling something at startup? like a few of the cores??? or is there an error in reporting of temperatures in LE11?

Jakes

• or is there an error in reporting of temperatures in LE11?

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • How do you manage to start from the sd card? I'm trying it anyway but I can't, what are the steps you followed for it? When I insert my sd card formatted with the libreelec os, my tanix does not start or do anything, however when I remove the sd card it manages to start.