connmanctl clock shows wrong Timezone

• I'm running LibreELEC 11.0.0 on a RasPi 3.

When entering the command "connmanctl clock" via SSH I'll get the following output:

TimeUpdates = auto

Timezone = Arctic/Longyearbyen

TimezoneUpdates = auto

Timeservers = [ de.pool.ntp.org ]

TimeserverSynced = True

But within Kodi I made the following settings:

Settings / User Interface / Regional

- Timezone region: Germany

- Timezone: Europe/Berlin

Settings / LibreELEC / Network / Timeserver

- de.pool.ntp.org

Any idea how I can get the terminal output to show the correct timezone? My search for "connmanctl clock" just brought how you can read these values, but nowhere any clue on how to set these things.

• The main issue why I'm searching for this is (due to switch from MEZ to MESZ) that EPG is off-by-one within Kodi. But everything I found at the web doesn't match.

Kodi shows the correct time at the top right corner and Tvheadend within the web interface also shows the correct time in the top right and EIT offset is set to UTC and EPG in webinterface also shows the correct times. The only wrong part is EPG data within Kodi.

So anyone an idea how to get EPG shown correctly in Kodi when it is correct in Tvheadend?

• The main issue why I'm searching for this is (due to switch from MEZ to MESZ) that EPG is off-by-one within Kodi.

Maybe a dumb question, but did you restart Kodi? I don't really use the EPG guide a whole lot any more, because I usually just schedule recordings on Tvheadend web GUI, but I remember it used to always have this problem with time zones switched between standard & daylight savings time and a restart of Kodi would fix it.

I am fairly sure connman has nothing to do with your problem, in fact this looks like connman is probably reverse mapping to the first timezone that matches your offset.

• Unfortunately a restart was already made (several times) without any success (with the last restart just the update to 11.0.1 came in).

Tvheadend shows the correct time and correct EPG data. Kodi shows the correct time, but EPG in Kodi is wrong. I know I had these problems also in the past (when I was on 9.x) but as already stated here, a reboot helped. But now after setting up 11.0.0 a few weeks ago which really worked well and without any problems this damn EPG can't be fixed.

So any hint is welcome (except: try to reboot 😉).

• The NTP pool being set to de.pool.ntp.org suggests you've configured some things in the settings add-on. Can I ask you to take a spare SD card and do a clean install (don't set anything for NTP, etc.) then check the files again. I'd like to ensure this is a repeatable problem with the default configurations we have.

• Due to the fact, that my wife complained about the EPG problems I had to find a faster solution. I just made a complete re-install of the image and made all the same settings as last time. Currently the EPG problem is gone and connmanctl clock still tells me it would use the Timezone of Arctic/Longyearbyen. So this doesn't seem to be the root cause.

So far the problem is solved through a complete re-install and new manual setup. Let's see how it will work in autumm, when time will be set back to MEZ. I will prepare myself and take care to have enough time to search for the problem again if it comes up.

Thanks for the support und ideas.

• Due to the fact, that my wife complained about the EPG problems I had to find a faster solution. I just made a complete re-install of the image and made all the same settings as last time. Currently the EPG problem is gone and connmanctl clock still tells me it would use the Timezone of Arctic/Longyearbyen. So this doesn't seem to be the root cause.

Hi, About the "Kodi shows the correct time, but EPG in Kodi is wrong" I remembered, I had something like this at every clock "change", excepting now. The difference now, I redirected the EPG database to the "/tmp" folder (RAM instead of SD card) and I have a cronjob for every night for reboot (what clear the EPG database in the /tmp). That "EPG wrong time in Kodi" could be because of the database. I made that EPG database change to speed up the startup (takes some time to write the EPG data to SD card at every startup) and to protect the SD card from unnecessary write. If you want to try that add this to "advancedsettings.xml", and probably at autumn, you won't have same EPG issue (or will be easy to resolve with a simple restart).

<epgdatabase>

<type>sqlite3</type>

<host>/tmp</host>

</epgdatabase>

<tvdatabase>

<type>sqlite3</type>

<host>/tmp</host>

</tvdatabase>

• VLouis You are right. The old Kodi issue of not updating automatic time zone changes in combination of now saving EPG into a database cause the wrong data to be shown even after a Kodi restart.

Der Olli in addition to restarting Kodi you have to reload EPG via Clear Data.

• After running okay for a while after reinstalling the whole system, the error came back after a few days and the EPG data shown within Kodi was off by one hour again. What helped, was going into the system settings and deleting the data. Maybe a restart was needed, but when the data was reloaded it was okay again.

But today the system changed its behaviour again and it's not getting better. 😢

Even deleting the EPG data and restarting didn't help, the off by one hour stayed. So any further idea on how to tackle down this problem would be great.

To recap:

I'm running LibreELEC (official): 11.0.1 (RPi2.arm) on a Raspi 3 with Tvheadend on it. All add-ons installed from the official repo, with nothing special. Kodi on screen and Tvheadend on the web interface show both the correct time and Tvheadend itself also shows correct EPG, but Kodi shows the EPG time off-by-one.

• Here you can see the program overview and the off-by-one error, cause the movie started at 20:15 and not at 19:15:

If we take a look into the program info, when the channel is running it even gets more weird:

While the time and also the end of the movie in the top right is correct, the information in the text box about the next program is wrong, cause the next show will run at 22:30 and not at 21:30. Also the start and end time at the bottom is wrong, while the relative time is correct again.

• In general check if the EPG error is in tvheadend backend or in kodi only.

But without having any tvheadend experience I cannot really comment this.

• The problem is not knowing where you are pulling your EPG from. Once that’s determined that will help to narrow down the problem. It definitely looks like your EPG is reporting GMT time. Are you using TVH built in EPG grabbers or an external EPG source. If using internal TVH grabbers which ones have you enabled.