LibreELEC (Nexus) 11.0.1

• People with WiFi problems under LE11.0 are welcome to try a key test image. Please report whether this version fixes or improves your WiFi-problem.

• Looks like paths to

Code
    /sys/class/leds/

changed to:

Code
    /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/

from this version...is that for a reason?

also led0 is now ACT and led1 PWR

• Looks like paths to

Code
    /sys/class/leds/

changed to:

Code
    /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/

from this version...is that for a reason?

also led0 is now ACT and led1 PWR

RPi kernel finally switched to using the meaningful names ACT/PWR instead of led0/1 which upstream kernel has been using for a while - see https://github.com/raspberrypi/li…dd5811591d6d106

/sys/class/leds/ACT or /sys/class/leds/PWR are still the canonical paths to configure the LEDs, don't worry about the symlinks to /sys/devices/platform, they are automatically filled in by sysfs to point to the actual device node (i.e. it's purely linux kernel internal stuff)

so long,

Hias

• After raising a support ticket, I've just been informed by NordVPN support that NordVPN won't work with LibreElec 11/Kodi 20.

The actual reply was:

LibreELEC 11 has been updated to Kodi 20, which uses Python 3. Unfortunately, our app on Kodi only works with Python 2.7. Also, LibreELEC 10.0.4 uses Kodi 19.5, which also has Python 3 now. The reason why it may have worked before could have been that the Kodi versions used before were older.

This is depite the fact that I've been running v. 10 (Kodi 19) with no problems for some time!

Can anyone recommend a VPN that runs OK on the latest version.

• I am curious to try out LE 11 (i am still on LE10)

The Readme says that DVB is not supported with drivers. I have a Pi4 with TV-Hat (DVB-T2) for TV via the tv-headend plugin (server/client)

Will the TV-Hat for Raspberry work with LE11 or is DVB completely disabled in LE11?

Edited once, last by ApexDE (May 20, 2023 at 2:03 PM).

• he Readme says that DVB is not supported with drivers.

the additional driver addons (the drivers that are not at the normal kernel anyway) are not supported, the "normal" drivers are still in place

• Hi, tried to upgrade 10.04 to 11.01 (installed on PC), my system has frozen on the Libreelec welcome screen, I have lost all my configurations on 10.04. I then tried a clean install from USB, same thing happened.

Help please

• I made an update from 10.0.4 to 11.0.1 which went pretty well. I lost my Docker Images and settings though, like last time i upgraded from one major LE version to the other. I dumped Docker completely now. Gone for good...

I was more concerned about my TV-Headend Server and Settings, but after updating the Server and Client Plugin everything TV related worked as with 10.0.4

I began using a dual Tuner DVB-T2 Stick under 10.0.4 which keeps working under 11.0.1 also.

Good job, LE Team :)

• Hi, tried to upgrade 10.04 to 11.01 (installed on PC), my system has frozen on the Libreelec welcome screen, I have lost all my configurations on 10.04. I then tried a clean install from USB, same thing happened.

Help please

please open a topic and add some information, currently all we know "not working" that does not really make it possible to help

• has anyone installed LE 11.0.1 onto a PC? I have tried 2 different PC's (one newish and and older one) with out success. It installs (I think?) them freezes when opening the program. I Used the Generic AMD/Intel/Nvida (X86-64). Note my earlier comment in loosing my 10.0.4 build.

ps. Unfortunately don't have a log because I cant get into the system?

Edited once, last by keka1234: Merged a post created by keka1234 into this post. (May 27, 2023 at 8:32 AM).

• Hi keka1234

please open a topic and add some information, currently all we know "not working" that does not really make it possible to help

What don't you understand about "open a new topic under General Support and with more information".

What is a PC for you?

Yes, LE 11.0.1 also works on my PC.

Delete old image 10.0.4 completely from the disk and install completely new image 11.0.1.