Posts by joop

I'm on a Raspberry 5 on a 55" OLED 4K Smart TV S93C (2023). I'm having trouble getting 60Hz.

Kodi

Resolutions offered:

• 4096x2160p offers 23.09, 24.00, 29.09 or 30 Hz.
    • 2560x1440p offers 60.00 Hz only.

LibreELEC & eeprom:

LibreELEC: Nightly-20231124-52b450b 12.0

rpi-eeprom-update
    BOOTLOADER: up to date
      CURRENT: Mon Oct 30 16:45:10 UTC 2023 (1698684310)
       LATEST: Mon Oct 30 16:45:10 UTC 2023 (1698684310)

Specs:

1. Raspberry pi 5
    2. TV: 55" OLED 4K Smart TV S93C (2023)
    3. Cable: Silkland Micro HDMI to HDMI 2.1 Kabel 1M (Reviews on Amazon specifically mention 4kp60

What I tried already:

Adding ``to /flash/config.txt:

hdmi_enable_4kp60
    hdmi_group=1

I also tried the second HDMI port of the raspberry (Just loose CEC and same resolution on 30Hz)

happy to learn if you have any suggestions, thanks! :thumbup:

Thanks Chewitt!

I found one issue, that when I try to render anything with the provided ffmpeg, it's looking for the hardware encoder and fails:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg -i /storage/test.mkv -codec:v:0 h264 /storage/output.m3u8

[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x991e2a0] Could not find a valid device
    [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x991e2a0] can't configure encoder

So instead I'm using docker to make use of the software encoding:

Code
    docker run --rm -v "/storage/:/storage/" lscr.io/linuxserver/ffmpeg:latest -i /storage/test.mkv -c:v libx264 /storage/output.m3u8

Hey LibreElec community. I have just received my Raspberry PI 5 and put the latest nighty build `LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20231101-e7215dd`.

After the resizing step, it rebooted, then I got a strange error (something about missing UUID and cannot boot), dropping to shell. Then I rebooted the device and Kodi came up!

First impression: so much faster then on my Raspberry 4. Thanks to the LibreElec team for supporting Raspberry 5!

RPi4 2GB and up .. because it's a simple playback device and the Foundation provides the best vendor support of all hardware we run on.

Thank you for your guidance. I found this thread after reading on the homepage: "

We can offer stable and good working versions for Allwinner, Generic and Rockchip devices. The RPi4 is also in good shape but the codebase is rather new, so it is not polished yet (keep reading for details)."

Would you say that today the Raspberry is the recommended minicomputer to run Libreelec on?

Thanks

chewitt Thanks for the tip and response, I didn't realize/think of pulling binaries from raspberryOS... that's worth trying out. I actually run docker-compose as a bin as well... I'll post here if successful.. for now it's running - albeit a bit over engineered.

GDPR-7 Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately hdparm doesn't work on this type/brand of disk. (Western Digital)... wish I bought Seagate like I did before.

I have some docker containers interacting with each other. Saw often 'docker-proxy' using a lot of CPU. After disabling, not only the process is gone, also other processes are more smooth. including kodi.bin!

Curious about others experience. Mileage may vary.

Edit this file:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/config/docker.conf

and add '--userland-proxy=false'.

Code
    DOCKER_DAEMON_OPTS="--data-root=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/docker --userland-proxy=false"
    DOCKER_STORAGE_OPTS="--storage-driver=overlay2 --storage-opt overlay2.override_kernel_check=1"

zarusz or anyone finding this through search engine. I bought a Seagate HDD which needs sdparm. With the above, I managed to optimise to one command:

Code
    docker run --rm --privileged --device=/dev/sda:/dev/sda arm64v8/debian /bin/bash -xec 'apt-get update && apt-get install sdparm -y && sdparm --flexible -6 -l --save --set STANDBY=1 /dev/sda && sdparm --flexible -6 -v -S -p po --set=SCT=9000 /dev/sda'