Hyperion libreelec 11.0 cannot start

• Hello i get this error in my logs

Code
    /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

cannont start hyperion.

see here

http://ix.io/4qZv

• You are using the Generic (GBM/V4L2) image which does not support Hyperion. You would need to crossgrade to the Generic-Legacy image which still uses X11 windowing. Crossgrade will require you to uninstall any binary add-ons that depend on OpenGLES, then clean the local package cache, before 'updating' to Generic-Legacy and reinstalling OpenGL compatible versions.

In the long-term the X11 image will be discontinued (GBM is the future technical direction) so you might want to think about adapting your Hyperion setup to use an external HDMI grabber.

• Hello i have an external HDMI grabber...how do I install than Hyperion?

this is my config

Edited 2 times, last by milo (March 16, 2023 at 5:01 PM).

• The error you posted suggests you're running the wrong Generic image (as stated already). As for the external grabber; no idea. I have never used Hyperion and have no interest in it. I'm just pointing out that GBM graphics does not support it at all.

• The error you posted suggests you're running the wrong Generic image (as stated already). As for the external grabber; no idea. I have never used Hyperion and have no interest in it. I'm just pointing out that GBM graphics does not support it at all.

Understood ...

Someone need to compile it without X11 support and than it runs :)

• current state of Hyperion that does not sounds promising, currently just the legacy X11 is supported

[WIP] DRM Grabber by Paulchen-Panther · Pull Request #1422 · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    Summary I'll spare myself the many words and refer you to the Issue. Everything is still WIP and miles away from the result. Issue: #983 To build this PR…
    github.com

i have an external HDMI grabber

if you have a external grabber look at https://docs.hyperion-project.org/en/user/HyperBian.html

you can completely "external" use Hyperion - you don't need any LE support for that

• It looks like pipewire might be here to save us and get Hyperion working again. Routes video from Wayland.

Your incorrect assumption is that LE runs under Wayland. We don't, a) because it's not needed and we use GBM natively, b) if we did use Wayland we'd lose the ability to switch refresh rates to match media spec for the best playback experience.

• Your incorrect assumption is that LE runs under Wayland. We don't, a) because it's not needed and we use GBM natively, b) if we did use Wayland we'd lose the ability to switch refresh rates to match media spec for the best playback experience.

Correct, I had it in mind that it moved to Wayland. My error.

I hope a solution comes one day