NUC11PAKi3 and Denon AVR No Output

• Hello

I just got a new NUC11 i3 and when directly connected to my TV LE loads but via my Denon 4700H AVR I get no picture or sound.

Anyone else solve this?

I updated NUC to latest BIOS and running latest nightly of LE.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

do you mean plug direct into TV so I can enable debug and then power off plug into AVR and boot and then SSH in to get logs?

wont be able to use LE settings if I get no display output

• Did you migrate the HDD from an older device to the newer one?

If yes, do "systemctl stop kodi && mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi-old && systemctl start kodi" as an experiment to see if moving all the old config out of the way resolves something.

2023-01-30 20:58:25.001 T:770 debug <general>: CDRMUtils::SetMode - found crtc mode: 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz
    2023-01-30 20:58:25.001 T:770 debug <general>: CGBMUtils::CreateSurface - created surface with size 1920x1080

^ that looks wrong to me

It's odd that it claims to have no ELD data, but then finds all the resolutions and there is HDMI audio showing. It might be a case where the upstream drivers are still work in progress.

• Did you migrate the HDD from an older device to the newer one?

If yes, do "systemctl stop kodi && mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi-old && systemctl start kodi" as an experiment to see if moving all the old config out of the way resolves something.

2023-01-30 20:58:25.001 T:770 debug <general>: CDRMUtils::SetMode - found crtc mode: 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz
    2023-01-30 20:58:25.001 T:770 debug <general>: CGBMUtils::CreateSurface - created surface with size 1920x1080

^ that looks wrong to me

It's odd that it claims to have no ELD data, but then finds all the resolutions and there is HDMI audio showing. It might be a case where the upstream drivers are still work in progress.

So yes I moved the USB drive from old NUC6 to NUC11.

Others seem to be using this NUC on LE and having audio issues instead of image so cant be drivers. Its a 1.5 year old NUC now as Gen 12 is out. Could it be a LE11 issue? Shall I try LE10?

• It sounds like a driver issue but these days I have low knowledge on the true state of Intel hardware support (hardware is not impossible, but improbable). If it works with DP > HDMI, stick with what works (at least for now).

• I was having a similar issue running through my nuc11 through a yamaha 3060. I had initially installed LE connected to a computer monitor and then swapped to my AVR/projector. Re-installing only connected to the AVR/projector fixed my problem.

prior to reinstalling, I copied the EDID, which also got the display working, but for some reason VAAPI hardware decoding did not work until I did a fresh install.

now I’m running into refresh rate issues: RE: LE11 HDR builds for Intel and AMD