LE11 - Playing a series of movies in succession with HD audio is not possible without a reboot

• Generic

Beebox-S U7100 64bit

LibreELEC nightly

Play a movie with HD audio e.g. with DTS-HDMA in Kodi, at the end of the movie play Kodi-GUI with PCM 2-channel again and play the next movie with HD audio e.g. with Dolby TrueHD in Kodi, but now no listening audio, AVR displays Analog 2-channel again. Only after a reboot of LE11 is it possible to play a movie with HD audio again.

It also happens when Dolby True HD is played first and then DTS-HDMA.

It is only possible to play a movie with HD audio, then no audio can be listened to in a movie. Only after a reboot.

System log

Crash log

What could be the root of this?

• Has nobody any idea for cause of this error?

I have tried the Beebox-S on the TV and on the AVR.

I have also reset the HDMI bus on the TV and on the AVR.

I have also checked all HDMI cables. All HDMI cables are certified 8K HDMI cables.

If I plug LE11 new to the HDMI bus, then sometimes LE11 is recognized as Apple TV box or Primacom TV box by Samsung TV?!??

It is only ever possible to listen to a movie with 3D HD audio. The next movie with 3D HD audio, the AVR shows the audio format but no speaker icons and no audio is listened to. Only after a reboot of the Beebox-S with LE11 the movie is now played with 3D HD audio.

Is perhaps the LE11 Intel Kaby Lake Displayport HDMI driver faulty???

• Maybe your video material has errors:

• Sorry no.

The video material is without error. Mediainfo and BDInfo show no errors.

Vero 4K+ and Oppo also play these videos without problems.

Also, all videos with 3D HD audio are affected.

You can only play one video at a time.

Then you have to do LE11 reboot.

Now you can listen to the next video with 3D HD audio.

Also the same video which had no audio before.

It must be a bug in the LE11 App ffmeg for Generic Kaby Lake (Intel® Core™ i3-7100U) or HDMI-2.0b/DisplayPort 1.2 driver, right?

• The Beebox-S U7100 has three monitor ports, 1x DisplayPort 1.2 with up to 4096x2304 (4K/2K@60Hz) and 1x HDMI 2.0 (4K/2K@60Hz) and 1x HDMI 1.4 (4K/2K@30Hz).

When I connect the TV/AVR to the DisplayPort 1.2, LE11 plays all videos with 3D audio one after the other. There is no need to reboot after each video.

But there is always an offset between video and audio! The audio is not in sync with the video.

When I connect the TV/AVR to the HDMI 2.0 port, LE11 always plays only one video with 3D audio. A reboot is necessary after each video. Without a reboot, no more 3D sound.

The video and audio are probably not one hundred per cent synchronous here either, because there is always a audio dropout every few seconds.

Is this a Linux LE11 driver or ffmeg error?

• It's very likely that your hardware uses a DiplayPort-to-HDMI adapter (LSPCon chip) internally. Such hardware is a known source of trouble. So yes, I think we can call the errors on HDMI output a driver issue.

When I connect the TV/AVR to the DisplayPort 1.2, LE11 plays all videos with 3D audio one after the other. There is no need to reboot after each video.

But there is always an offset between video and audio! The audio is not in sync with the video.

Avoiding to use the LSPCon chip is your best chance to make things work. I think there is a setting for an A/V offset somewhere.