Need help with Plex for Kodi on Kodi 20

• Hi, sorry for this unusual request but I'm getting desperate.

Here's my issue. About a month ago Plex For Kodi stopped working for me. I'm running the latest version of LibreElec 11/Kodi 20.

When I try to open Plex it stalls on the loading screen with the three dots moving. And that's it

Why I'm asking is if anyone here already running on the latest version of LibreElec nightly can install Plex for Kodi and see how it goes

I'm trying to contact the dev in the Plex forums. But he's not responding. I think he doesn't believe that this could be possibly happening.

But it's happening. In fact it's happening even with within Kodi for Android running on my NSTV but that's another whole story

Here's what is happening when I try to execute Plex for Kodi (see log)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Code
    2022-12-13 01:12:20.961 T:1097    error <general>:         if inspect.getargspec(slot).keywords is None:
    2022-12-13 01:12:20.961 T:1097    error <general>:            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    2022-12-13 01:12:20.962 T:1097    error <general>:     AttributeError: module 'inspect' has no attribute 'getargspec'

Likely there is an update for Python 3.11 missing.

• mglae

Thanks for replying

Did you run the addon on your system? It stalled on the initial splash screen.

The reason I'm asking you this is that I will try to warn the developer one more time with this new piece of information

This issue started one month ago. I could be wrong but I think it was before the latest python version bump.

if you or someone else reading this please be kind and chime in on this topic on the Plex forum:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/testers-needed-plex-for-kodi-kodi-19-compatibility/481208/251

• Code
    Buenas tardes.

Why do you insist so much on making the latest version of Libreelec usable???

These versions are for testing purposes only. Plex was going well for you in version 10 ??? If the answer is positive, why did you switch to a beta version????
  • HiassofT thanks for replying.

The info you provided me it's already something to show the devs there. One guy told me months ago when it was only restricted to LibreElec that he wasn't seeing anything in the logs. And that he didn't have a Raspberry Pi to try to replicate himself.

I'll keep trying to reach them. This time with this piece of information about Python 3.11.

The reason I'm in a hurry it's that Plex finally released a version of the Plex server with support for AV1.

Anyway thanks for the tip.

• There will be some natural confusion on python 3.11 because on Window python is only 3.8.15 and not all Linux versions will be at 3.`11 either so some addons will work OK and some won't.

In this case the issue could have been avoid since the call in question has been deprecated for a long time.

Martin