Permanent mount of Samba share fails

• following the guide here for Samba mountiong in Libreelec:

Mount Network Share - LibreELEC.wiki

I created the file at /storage/.config/system.d/storage-recordings.mount as directed

I have tried different Samba version numbers as described in the Samba docs too

When I run "systemctl status storage-recordings.mount" , I see the error

Code
    ● storage-recordings.mount - cifs mount script
    Loaded: bad-setting (Reason: Unit storage-recordings.mount has a bad unit file setting.)
    Active: inactive (dead)
    Where: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2epg
    What: //10.0.0.250/xmltv

I can mount that IP and share from Windows changing out the slashes for backslashes and the directory is also valid.

Is it possible that the system is trying to mount the SMB share before /storage is mounted?

Otherwise as the share is from a raspberry Pi I guess I might as well try NFS.

_-----------------update-------------------------

Just tried NFS and same error.

Edited once, last by tekno (May 5, 2022 at 11:12 PM).

• I have a hunch that the {special} filename is incorrect as normally the filename should match the full path to the mount. However I have no clue how to represent a path with folders that start with or contain periods and underscores. Create a more simple path like /storage/xmltv to mount to, and name the file storage-xmltv.mount. If that works you proved the theory and can hit Google for documentation.

• However I have no clue how to represent a path with folders that start with or contain periods and underscores

systemd-escape -p --suffix=mount "/your/path-some/where/"

your-path\x2dsome-where.mount