LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2

• I've been having issues with LE on my Pi4 since 10.0.1 came out. The TV screen remains blank while SSH and SMB both work fine. Luckily I've been able to downgrade every time by placing the 10.0.0 image file in the update folder and then reboot using the Kore app on my phone. Because version 10.0.2 has a couple big improvements I decided to try a clean flash but the problem remains. I'm not too keen on fiddling with txt files so I'll just patiently wait until these issues are resolved.

• Thanks for updating to Matrix. Much appreciated.

I've done a clean install on my current setup: Pi 4 with fast USB drive on USB3 port. The installation is straight onto the USB stick, no SD card.

There are two items that I hope to resolve, but could not on my own:

1 - When I pause a video and there is a delay (around 10 minutes or more) before I resume watching, the video is frozen, but the audio resumes. Rewinding a few seconds resumes normal viewing.

2 - With normal playback, after about 10 minutes or so, the video and audio loses sync and there is "stuttering / jerky" playback. Only stopping the playback, and playing the video again from scratch works.

It looks as if the buffer is loading as it should. Enough in buffer to play (but playing off the local fast USB anyway...).

This same hardware setup worked fine before upgrading to Matrix, so I'm obviously suspecting software / setup, not HW.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Logs http://ix.io/3Skg

Edited 2 times, last by SWBZA (March 17, 2022 at 2:45 PM).

• Hello I updated to 10.02 because with 10.01 DAZN is cached every minute. Buffer runs from 0 to 100%, then ok for about 1 min. Then the same game. same with 10.02. Netflix, Amazon, and other apps run perfectly. Network via LAN with GB. DSL 100MB. Anyone else have problems?

Code
    Line 896-923
    DAZN seems to stop and then runs again
  • Updated to 10.0.2, rpi EPPROM too via ssh. All smooth and all but CEC decided to stop working sadly. I use both HDMI ports, one directly to TV, the other to soundbar. Interstingly, if I switch over to just single HDMI throguh the soundbar, CEC functionality is back no problem. How would I provide more info on this for you guys?

• Hello. Is libreelec 10.0.2 gui supposed to run visibly slower than 9.2.8 on rpi3b+?

I have been using 9.2.8 (and before that older 9.2.x) for quite long time and the gui was just mooth.

10.0.2 looks much sharper but I can feel it is slower (like longer reaction time, something like fps drop, etc.).

note: I performed clean installation of 10.0.2 without loading backup from 9.2.8.

• libreelec 10.0.2 ..... on rpi3b+?

I have been using 9.2.8 (and before that older 9.2.x) for quite long time and the gui was just mooth.

Same here. Have you seen the message while installing that config.txt. is incompatible as well?

GPU MemSplit option whithin config.txt wiped out by 10.0.2 ?

(Aehm: right place for this discussion ?)

• Hello. Is libreelec 10.0.2 gui supposed to run visibly slower than 9.2.8 on rpi3b+?

10.0.2 looks much sharper but I can feel it is slower (like longer reaction time, something like fps drop, etc.).

note: I performed clean installation of 10.0.2 without loading backup from 9.2.8.

I can't tell the difference for GUI. However, LE10.0.2 drops frames when playing videos on my RPi 3B+.

• Folks, am I asking in the wrong forum, or in the wrong way? Is there some other community forum that could help me?

• I have restored my last working backup (JAN22 LE9.2.8). It does not work anymore. Neither Amazon nor Netflix are working yet.
    KODI.log:

Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 58437: ordinal not in range(128)

• Probably the video codec was H.265/HEVC.

Kodi 18 (and previous) on RPi2/3 was capable of decoding some H265 streams up to 1080p due to very specialized decoder optimizations.

Kodi 19 cannot use these optimizations, it uses normal software decoding, therefore performance for H265 goes down significantly on these platforms.

You can read more about this elsewhere. People who need the old H265 performance should stay on LE9.

You are spot on.

• Hi,

I am running libreelec on two Rpi.

On Rpi4 I could upgrade to version 10.0.2 successfully.

But on Rpi3 after choosing the right update channel, the list of available versions is empty.

Is version 10.0.2 supporting Rpi3 ?

Thanks for the wonderful work by the way !

• Please check in this thread earlier...

CvH
    March 11, 2022 at 11:16 AM