[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Happy New Year to everyone!

Hi ilmich , i tested your last build and again had the sudden reboot. But this time it was after the second boot. I send you all the logfiles.

Edit: after posting this i went and booted the box again and this time it froze while i was configuring my pvr client. It just stopped reacting and image froze. So i guess the latest builds are not stable on my onetv lite box.

• Happy New Year to everyone!

Hi ilmich , i tested your last build and again had the sudden reboot. But this time it was after the second boot. I send you all the logfiles.

Edit: after posting this i went and booted the box again and this time it froze while i was configuring my pvr client. It just stopped reacting and image froze. So i guess the latest builds are not stable on my onetv lite box.

Same for me.

MXQ 4K PRO freezes all the time.

• Hi usr4864  piotrekg1984 , in the next build I'll try to go back/improve some changes. In the meantime, can you point me to a better version by trying the previous ones?

usr4864 from the log I see, Kodi crashed while you were configuring something, but I don't rule out a bug. It also happened to me once while configuring the IPTV client and I 'solved' it by reformatting the SD card.

• hi szczur3k, can you send me a log, please? I saw that that driver is now included in the kernel and I enabled it. I can also enable another one but I would first like to understand what problems it has. Thank you

• Hi usr4864  piotrekg1984 , in the next build I'll try to go back/improve some changes. In the meantime, can you point me to a better version by trying the previous ones?

usr4864 from the log I see, Kodi crashed while you were configuring something, but I don't rule out a bug. It also happened to me once while configuring the IPTV client and I 'solved' it by reformatting the SD card.

I've managed to run your build - it's strange but I've managed it.

Box that I used at the time of writing my previous post has some internal problems I suppose... Right now I am using another box (same model, bought at same time) and it works without any problems.

Only problem that I have is with Hyperion Ambilight plugin that should grab data from Kodi screen and send it to Hyperion instance ...

As you can see in the logfile plugin (or some other part of Kodi) does not capture data at all... I have no idea how to debug that...

• For me, this latest version is fine, even better than the penultimate Mitch and the bluetoot dongle also works.
    Even if I don't understand why connected via blouthoot my saundbar has better audio than connected via jac 3.5 with the libreelec box.

• I don't understand why connected via blouthoot my saundbar has better audio than connected via jac 3.5 with the libreelec box

The analogue output DACs used with the 3.5mm jack on most Android boxes are a cheap afterthought. The DAC in the soundbar simply does a better job with the same digital input.

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

Boot my Scishion V88-4k box with wifi rt8723cs - it's works, but HDMI output fixed at 1024x768 without sound (on board 3.5 jack output works). I see - EDID form TV not fetched (i think, this is cheap TV problem, previous knaerzche build not fetch it too), but knaerzche build somehow get correct modes from HDMI and switch output to 1280x720p60.

• hi LynxChaus , the legacy rockchip kernel (used by libreelec 9.2 builds) sets the resolution to 1280x720 if it doesn't read the edid. the mainline kernel instead (used by my builds) does the same thing but sets a lower and more compatible resolution.

Some users have had the same problem as you in the past, but I preferred not to change the behavior of the kernel because you can follow this guide (read carefully because some commands are exclusively for x86/x86_64 architectures)

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

taking a pre-compiled edid like this

edid-generator/1280x720.bin at master · akatrevorjay/edid-generator
    Hackerswork to generate an EDID blob from given Xorg Modelines, complete with valid checksum. - akatrevorjay/edid-generator
    github.com
  • I have lastest libreelec 10 installed on Emmc.

Can i clean install libreelec 11 on the emmc or it can run only from SD.

Another question is that i have recently bought an BT&Wifi usb adapter. Its with RTL8821CU. When i initialy connect it it starts in usb storage mode. Via ssh i can activate the network part with # usb_modeswitch -KW -v 0bda -p 1a2b. The wifi dosnt show any network, probably missing driver, the bluetooth does initial scan but when attempt to connect a device it throws a bluetooth io error. Its most likely that wifi will start when i update to ibreelec 11. Or the firmware shoud be integrated in future update of the build.

Greetings

• Can i clean install libreelec 11 on the emmc or it can run only from SD.

hi presko, yes of course, my build no longer works if you have a device with NAND storage type. but with the emmc it works like previous builds

Its most likely that wifi will start when i update to ibreelec 11. Or the firmware shoud be integrated in future update of the build.

for the RTL8821CU chip I will try to include it in the next build, which I have planned soon, but you will have to help me because I can't test it.

edit: try this build https://ilmich.libreelec.tv/libreelec-11/test/

• hi thisispatrick unfortunately without an open source driver it's impossible for me:(.

regarding ethernet, have you also tried with libreelec (installed on the SD card) and saw that it doesn't work?

Yes, it's a hardware issue. It won't work on stock ROM as well, it keeps saying 'Not Connected'. I've tried 3 known good ethernet cables on 2 different networks. Kodi keeps detecting and losing connection (it shows the wired network for a few moments, status goes from 'idle' to 'configuring', the it disappears, reappears and keeps looping like that). Factory resetting through recovery didn't fix it

• hi LynxChaus , the legacy rockchip kernel (used by libreelec 9.2 builds) sets the resolution to 1280x720 if it doesn't read the edid. the mainline kernel instead (used by my builds) does the same thing but sets a lower and more compatible resolution.

Some users have had the same problem as you in the past, but I preferred not to change the behavior of the kernel because you can follow this guide (read carefully because some commands are exclusively for x86/x86_64 architectures)

Thnx. EDID override generation on ARM platform need slightly other steps described here - custom edid and RK3399

taking a pre-compiled edid like this

This generator out-of-date. Yes, for setting video modes it work, but it lacks CTA-861 Extension Block where described Audio channels & so.

Hi there, is it possible to add support for the SV6158 wi-fi chip?

Forget about it. It's internally connected via SDIO-2.0 interface, same as my RTL8723cs - and it can't transfer faster than 50-55 megabits. Buy any $1 USB-WiFi dongle instead - same crap, but it's a supported crap!