[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• On Mich I tried your September 11 libreelec build and everything is ok except that there is no choice of dtb as I did with your libreelec 10 builds, because the temperature of the box exceeds 90° C and the internet reception wifi is a bit weak.

• Hi MIKMXIII,

I know. The build is still in progress and I haven't added the usual customizations. However, soon I will release a new build of libreelec 10 (which is still the best for our boxes) and libreelec 11. I found a kodi patch that significantly increases performance and decrease GPU/CPU usage.

Cheers

Michele

• Hi
    I'm a totally noob on TVBOX (but i know TWRP and other on android phone.)
    I've buy a : TV H20

-CPU:RK3228A 32bits Quad Core ,GPU:Mali-400MP2

Can i install Lireelec? and it's possible to fullinstall? and connect to emby addon ?
    thanks !

• Hi killianbe,

I don't know this box, so my port may or may not work fine.

Can you please send me more info(product link, link of original firmware)?

However, I recommend you try libreelec 10. As explained in the first post, you can try booting from the SD card by installing the latest version. It's pretty simple, you have to write the libreelec image to an sd card, insert it, and see if it starts.

Regarding emby addon (which I don't know), if it works with kodi it will also work with libreelec.

Let me know

Michele

• It feels really speeded up.

Do i have to so anything else after uploading in /Update and reboot ?

I have flashed nightly-20230723 with multiboot on the mmc and runned stable on rk3229 until now.

I am not sure if it had resized correctly the partitions... but works stable for now and i dont have space issues.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs 427.9M 4.0K 427.9M 0% /dev

tmpfs 197.4M 9.3M 188.1M 5% /run

/dev/mmcblk1p1 511.7M 154.0M 357.8M 30% /flash

/dev/loop0 145.0M 145.0M 0 100% /

/dev/mmcblk1p2 6.3G 2.1G 4.2G 33% /storage

tmpfs 493.4M 0 493.4M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 493.4M 2.3M 491.1M 0% /var

tmpfs 493.4M 0 493.4M 0% /tmp

When i have checked the number from the emmc on the net it showed that its a samsung 16gb + 1gb emmc

Besides the 9012p wifi not working i dont have any other issues.

Works great with rk3229-box-mxq4kpro-ovclk.dtb

On board says a7_rk3229_v52

Bought it as q96 mini but it turned out to be fake ... anyway with your work its saved from e-waste

Thank you for the great job and the passion of dedication.

Greetings from Bulgaria

• Hi presko,

Do i have to so anything else after uploading in /Update and reboot ?

make sure the folder is /.update and not /Update.

Boxes with more than 8GB of internal memory I've only seen one. I think in your case the specs are fake

Besides the 9012p wifi not working i dont have any other issues.

You were unlucky, this chip is not supported. Both because I don't have one with that chip, and because there is no decent source code

Thank you for the great job and the passion of dedication.

Thank you very much, it's users like you who push me to continually improve. But nothing would exist without the team at libreelec and kodi who work hard to make this possible for us.

Cheers

Michele

• Thx for message ! :)

that's my box : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/100500562…ayAdapt=glo2fra

• Hi killianbe,

thanks for the info.

I found a firmware that should be for h20.

Analyzing it, however, I didn't find any big changes (apart from having the CPU clock at a maximum of 1GHz). Have you tried booting it with libreelec from the sdcard?

Cheers

Michele

• hi michele

I successfully updated a V88 4k from latest libreelec 10 to 11.......worked ok but remote doesn't work anymore, even CEC which used to work fine....

cheers

• Hi punter,

thanks for the feedback, I'll check the HDMI CEC problem.

But for now, libreelec 11 is in an alpha state, it does not have all the remote controls of libreelec 10 and other things.

So stay with libreelec 10 for daily usage.

In addition to bringing the latest optimizations, I'm working on the remote controls.

I want to remove legacy code and use kernel suspend to ram and wakeup.

Cheers

Michele

• Hi ilmich i have a box called "OneTV Lite". In its original Android FW the CPU is called RK3229. And also it says RK30SDK rk322x_box in the Android info. I opened it and found wifi sv6051p and flash is emmc sandisk sdinbdg4-8. I am not sure if RAM is 1Gb or 2Gb.
    The box starts multitool and latest compiled armbian (for rk322x) from SD Card. Altough it has a weird graphics glitch (flicker and black bars in the picture) that seems to happen only during sdcard data transfer. As soon as everything is loaded the picture is perfect.
    I tried your latest libreelec 10 build and it doesn't boot with any of your dtb files. Then i started to play around with the device trees and copied some parts from the dtb that comes with multitool. Now i can boot your libreelec build from SD, with the same graphics glitch. Also the glitch dissapears as soon as Kodi finished loading i can navigate trough menus normally. Now i want to ask for your help to create the right dtb for my box. Remote doesn't work and the wifi is not recognised, i tried to copy the wifi node from another dtb with no luck.

Attached my current working dtb. Also dmesg and efuse dump.

OneTVLite_v1.dtb.txt

dmesg.txt

efuse.txt

• Hi ilmich i have a box called "OneTV Lite". In its original Android FW the CPU is called RK3229. And also it says RK30SDK rk322x_box in the Android info. I opened it and found wifi sv6051p and flash is emmc sandisk sdinbdg4-8. I am not sure if RAM is 1Gb or 2Gb.
    The box starts multitool and latest compiled armbian (for rk322x) from SD Card. Altough it has a weird graphics glitch (flicker and black bars in the picture) that seems to happen only during sdcard data transfer. As soon as everything is loaded the picture is perfect.
    I tried your latest libreelec 10 build and it doesn't boot with any of your dtb files. Then i started to play around with the device trees and copied some parts from the dtb that comes with multitool. Now i can boot your libreelec build from SD, with the same graphics glitch. Also the glitch dissapears as soon as Kodi finished loading i can navigate trough menus normally. Now i want to ask for your help to create the right dtb for my box. Remote doesn't work and the wifi is not recognised, i tried to copy the wifi node from another dtb with no luck.

Attached my current working dtb. Also dmesg and efuse dump.

OneTVLite_v1.dtb.txt

dmesg.txt

efuse.txt

Your graphics issue sounds like a bad HDMI cable. Try a couple of different ones.

• Your graphics issue sounds like a bad HDMI cable. Try a couple of different ones.

it happens only with this box. I used the same cable + tv setup for another amlogic box to run libreelec and there are no issues. But it can be some internal pcb issue, i will go back to original FW and load video from sd to try this (i never used sdcard slot on this box before)

• it happens only with this box. I used the same cable + tv setup for another amlogic box to run libreelec and there are no issues. But it can be some internal pcb issue, i will go back to original FW and load video from sd to try this (i never used sdcard slot on this box before)

nope, it must be software issue because i reflashed my FW backup and played a .mp4 file from sd card and no such graphics glitches..

i made pictures while multitool was flashing my backup, you see the image jumps and has black bars running all over the place while its writing the data.

When its finished an there is no activity the image is crisp and clear.

i understand this are multitool images but the same happens while booting ilmichs libreelec build. (If necessary i could take pictures of that aswell, but its the same effect).

• Hi usr4864,

can you please share some pic of your box/board/android firmware info of kernel version?

And please also a link of original firmware (or the first 100mb of your backup)

I need to see the android dtb.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, older Android versions have the resolution locked to 1280x720p. This is because I believe that Android was not able to change resolution via software. Try a lower resolution by adding video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720 kernel parameter

Thanks

Michele