HDR on x86 Hardware

• Try this one

Thanks.

I have so many boxes/devices running Coreelec/Libreelec/Kodi, it's ridiculous.

I have an HP T430 Thinclient (Celeron N4020) that I run Libreelec on and even though it is only 2 cores/2 threads it absolutely kills my Odroid N2 (S922x) running Coreelec. Single thread performance is like 70% faster. It's ridiculous. Coreelec performance mode uses all the cores of the S922x but even then I think the HP T430 is still faster.

• Hi help from any one will be appreciated, my system is based on UEFI duaboot Win10 and LE.

In the bios I change as i like between Win/LE based on the change that I made in the boot sequence.

Few days ago, I updated the LE with LE11 -LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220217225924-720d9a5.img.gz

, unfortunately the LE will not complete the process it hung when it try to restart, attached is the screen shot of the error message.

Since the LE did not load there is no way to restore LE 10.0.2. that was previous installed.

Can some assist to recovered and get back LE and what might have cause the issue and overcome it.

Thanks

• Try this one

Thanks again smp and @Irusak

Have been running these builds on several NUCs with intel irix and amd radeon gfx for what seems like a couple of years now :P

Super stable. Running release 20211020...-d3745e7

The only real issue i've seen is sometimes (not very often) when playing a file and switching refresh rates the screen is a bit dull. This is easily fixed by restarting playback.

Looking forward to rolling out this new build.

cheers

• Just installed latest on my Celeron j4125, everything is up and running. Tested HDR and various surround sound formats, all good.

Even managed to get it working with the Jellyfin plugin ... can't do a fresh install of LE11, have to install LE10 and Jellyfin plugin first .. then upgrade. If you do a fresh LE11 install it crashes and reboots as soon as the Jellyfin plugin tries to talk to the server for some reason.

• many thanks for this, but i can't seem to get 24P to work using a Nuc11, if i enable refresh rate change nothing will play, even the kodi GUI cannot be set to 24P

• Hi.

I tested at NUC11PAHI5 with LG OLED65BX.

If i turn on the nuc11 first, and then turn on the TV, it recognizes 4k+120hz and plays hdr video normally.

But if i turn on the TV first and then the nuc11, it can only recognize 4k+60hz, and hdr video playback black screen.

For example, when the TV is on, and restart the nuc11, this issue will occur.

• Hi Any assist will be fine, I don t understand why test LE11 not working, prior LE works fine without issue.

When I load the LE 11 it fail to initiate and there is not way to obtain a log it hang as referenced in #112

How could obtain log when they system hangs?

below are are summary of my GPU

Report Date: Sunday, 26 June 2022

Report Time [hh:mm:ss]: 08:20:45 PM

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044

IGCC Version: 1.100.3408.0

Language: en-US

Physical Memory: 14.93 GB

Current Resolution: 3840x2160

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Processor Speed: 3000 MHz

GFX Driver Name: Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Shader Version: 5.1

OpenCL* Version: 3.0

* Microsoft DirectX* *

Runtime Version: 12

Hardware-Supported Version: 12

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 3E92

Device Revision: 00

GFX Driver Version: 30.0.101.1994

Dedicated RAM: 0 GB

Shared RAM: 7 GB

Max Supported Displays: 3

GFX Vulcan: 1.3.212

GFX Video BIOS: 1012

Try this build. I patched the intel driver so it would ignore HDMI hot plug events. This fixed an odd issue that I reported here. (This build will boot only on Tiger Lake and newer hardware e.g. NUC11).

Edited once, last by smp (June 27, 2022 at 1:16 AM).

Try this build. I patched the intel driver so it would ignore HDMI hot plug events. This fixed an odd issue that I reported here. (This build will boot only on Tiger Lake and newer hardware e.g. NUC11).

Maybe a stupid question ... is the whole HDR functionality (are the HDR patches) on Intel (e.g. NUC11) already part of the nightlies (e.g. LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20220626-17f7264.img.gz) or just part of your development builds? And if not ... when will they be included?
    Thanks a lot!

PS: just asking because: I am moving to a NUC11 and currently cannot get tigerVNC to run (missing libXrandr.so.2) ...

Edited once, last by countzero (June 27, 2022 at 4:30 PM).

• Hi All,

Am needing time to get proper logs but am experiancing a few issue's with these builds, i couldn't get xrandr to run on these builds so have installed the latest le10 to get the HDMI info as wasn't sure which port was the native HDMI

using a NUC11TN, I am connected to the native HDMI port to my AVR Arcam 550 going to a panasonic JZ1500, with both LE10 and these builds i cannot get refresh rate change to work just hangs on black screen till i press stop hopfully the logs will help there, i also couldn't connect to the SMB share on this build but LE10 works fine, HDR does output though with refresh rate disabled, i also think the Hot plug disabled build is a little more unstable for me and very easy to have to force a reboot to get display back

does anyone with a NUC11 have working refresh rate change?

• i think i have to put it down to the NUC11's HDMI implementation is just awful as the only device i am having HDMI problems with, n2+, xbox, cable box, non NUC pc all work fine :(

with some more testing i think i have worked out that HDMI port 1 is from display port via lspcon and this port will not work at all going through my amp not even bios access but will work direct to TV and refresh rate works but if i don't lower the hdmi mode from 3 to 2 on the TV i'm limited to 4k30hz

HDMI port 2 i think is the native one and this will work going through my amp, any HDMI mode on the TV works but will not change refresh rate to 24p on any of them, will not change refresh rate direct to TV also

• Arcam have a history of HDMI issues. I stopped using my AVR600 because of this. It was a great amp but HDMI was compromised and could not be fixed with firmware. Maybe the 550 has issues too.

• just wondering why only the NUC gives problems, i have an 11th gen cpu and asrock motherboard with native HDMI here i will get working for the weekend so i can test more

sorry for highjacking the thread a little but could be useful info for others to think about before buying a NUC, got 3 weeks to return mine :)