Posts by orby

yeah i can't use my prefered skin or anything with the odroid but end of the day i use it for the playback and audio it just works, got suckered into trying the vim4 but that chipset cannot do HD audio passthrough as a bug in the driver and amlogic not fixing for 4 months so far, so that got sold on also

windows always works flawless but soooo bloated just for kodi use and brings other annoyances, so i think i am staying with odroid for a while longer, i'm a tech but can't do what's needed to debug linux drivers and the like

currently using an odroid n2+ with coreelec and it just works for me even my sick habbit of liking JAVA menu's, have a 12th gen itx build but that seems to have problems with audio at 24hz and gives random blips research looks to be the linux driver at fault for that

I'm just trying to playback 4kHDR at 24hz, and my projector gives no output. It will display the kodi interface at 4k SDR 60hz without issue, but when I go to play the file, I get no output.

Just to give another users experiance, i bought a NUC11i5TNK and sold it on as i could never get either HDMI to play ball with 4khdr24hz every time was a blank screen with no signal on the TV,

just for info, it does work with a 11500 cpu and asrock Z590 gaming motherboard with native HDMI, i just get lipsync issue's with that combo

will try and work out how to run proptest tomorrow hopfully

Try this build

no good am affraid, same as other builds no 24p

i think i managed to get a dmesg debug log and the intel reg dump, from the Ubuntu install so hopfully they might help and reopened my ticket

failing on a certificate part at the moment for building my own kernal, i suspect i need to point something to the certs somewhere

just tried with the ubuntu install currently on there and i can go from 4k60 to 1080p24 but won't then let me go to 4k24 only 4k60, it does list all the modes my TV can support though

when i hit apply i loose signal and tv goes to the default 1080p60 no signal mode until it auto reverts back as not been able to confirm it

hoping to have at least some logs and info from the box which might be able to help, i inititialy gave up as i couldn't compile my own kernal, but i am hoping these will be better than nothing

nearly bedtime though so tomorrow's fun

giving it another go to try and get the info needed to try and assist in a fix, just installed ubuntu 22.04 and cannot change to 4k24hz there either, need to upgrade the kernal somw how first though hehe

kernal updated to 5.19 and still the same, so no to try and get the logs

sorry if i am waffling, i have no friends i can bounce things around with and the wife just gives me the look

Just out of curiosity and cause I might be moving towards a NUC11TNKi5 (which does - according to the specs - support Dolby Vision).

Would your build with the currently enabled/patched intel "drivers" also play DV content correctly, as it does with HDR content?
    Thanks in advance!

i have been testing a NUC11TNKI5 and having horrible HDMI issue's HDMI 1 is DP to HDMI via LSPCON and has problems with my amp and tv, and HDMI 2 uses a retimer and it wont change refresh rates lower than 50hz

just to update, i have success with the PC build, 11500 cpu and ASrock gaming 4 motherboard, HDR, Atmos and 24p all working

i am new to LE and wondering what DRM Prime is all about, if i enable that the video sorta plays it switches to 24p and i get Atmos audio but the display stays on the kodi movie library

correction, getting little audio blips and it's out of sync but a step in the right direction at least for me

just wondering why only the NUC gives problems, i have an 11th gen cpu and asrock motherboard with native HDMI here i will get working for the weekend so i can test more

sorry for highjacking the thread a little but could be useful info for others to think about before buying a NUC, got 3 weeks to return mine :)

i think i have to put it down to the NUC11's HDMI implementation is just awful as the only device i am having HDMI problems with, n2+, xbox, cable box, non NUC pc all work fine :(

with some more testing i think i have worked out that HDMI port 1 is from display port via lspcon and this port will not work at all going through my amp not even bios access but will work direct to TV and refresh rate works but if i don't lower the hdmi mode from 3 to 2 on the TV i'm limited to 4k30hz

HDMI port 2 i think is the native one and this will work going through my amp, any HDMI mode on the TV works but will not change refresh rate to 24p on any of them, will not change refresh rate direct to TV also

Hi All,

Am needing time to get proper logs but am experiancing a few issue's with these builds, i couldn't get xrandr to run on these builds so have installed the latest le10 to get the HDMI info as wasn't sure which port was the native HDMI

using a NUC11TN, I am connected to the native HDMI port to my AVR Arcam 550 going to a panasonic JZ1500, with both LE10 and these builds i cannot get refresh rate change to work just hangs on black screen till i press stop hopfully the logs will help there, i also couldn't connect to the SMB share on this build but LE10 works fine, HDR does output though with refresh rate disabled, i also think the Hot plug disabled build is a little more unstable for me and very easy to have to force a reboot to get display back

does anyone with a NUC11 have working refresh rate change?

In /storage/.kodi/addons/ remove inputstream.adaptive, inputstream.rtmp, imagedecoder.raw, vfs.rar, pvr.hts and reboot box.

Hi there

i am a libreelec convert and on the learning curve but i cannot find those items, are they accessible via the samba share?, and i also cannot get UHD rips to play, does it have folder support or is it ISO only at the moment

just to add i have managed to find this in the log for UHD playback CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bluray.c:1384: libbluray version 1.0.1, it needs to be version 1.02