HDR on x86 Hardware

• I think this has something to do with how the realtime streams are handled by Kodi.

Could you try to play via pvr addon with this build? - LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0-devel-20231208072228-5b2d3ec.img.gz

this build active HLG for pvr addon except one channel audio work but black screen

and play recorder from this channel HLG working!

here sample rec HLG https://file.io/uFsO1LM4dnIj

here display-info

and meta sample HLG file:

• (Posting here because of mentions of refresh rate).

I'm using LE 12 nightly generic 20231206 on Intel HD630. HDR is working on my Sony.

I have an intermittent sync problem for pretty much every refresh rate/resolution combo. I think start of sync doesn't get reset to topleft when refresh rate changes. Not only when playing but also regular UI.

Is this a known issue?

• i try use same stream via "iptv simple client" addon and video hlg work!

so i think issue in pvr "dvbviewer" addon

I do not know why?

• (Posting here because of mentions of refresh rate).

I'm using LE 12 nightly generic 20231206 on Intel HD630. HDR is working on my Sony.

I have an intermittent sync problem for pretty much every refresh rate/resolution combo. I think start of sync doesn't get reset to topleft when refresh rate changes. Not only when playing but also regular UI.

Is this a known issue?

I noticed this as well, but only on my newer Sony TV. My LG oled & A company that starts with an 'E' projector (I don't know why that is censored here) don't have the issue. I downgraded back to this build and the issue went away: nightly-20231103-a581fc8

• I found a fix. My whitelist was empty when I posted the first time and so I got a lot of these weird screen misallignments. Then I threw every resolution my Sony could handle in the whitelist. I still had weirdness but LESS...

So the fix was to leave everything in the whitelist except for resolutions with 24 and 23,98 fps. Kodi now transforms a source with 24 and 23,98 to for example 25 or 60 fps which play fine.

I always used a Nvidia Shield before so the past few days I had to find my way with x86. I now sometimes have for example active deinterlacing active while playing, that's a blast from the past.

• Can some point me to nexus version that work well with PVR, without issue of flickering
    This version LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20230312065957-84d83d1.img.gz, but its for Kodi 21 Beta 1

Thanks

• Thanks sky42 for your bt2020 builds... It's a little misleading to have 'HDR now supported under intel & amd' in the 11.0.4 release notes when the official builds don't trigger the bt.2020 colorspace, effectively making the HDR mode useless (although it does trigger HDR mode) *shrug*

• Should drm prime work with NUC7 Gemini Lake? (NUC7PJYH2) I get audio but no video output when drm prime is activated.

I see the following error messages when drm prime is activated

Code
    2024-01-10 11:03:37.126 T:4893    debug <general>: ffmpeg[0x0]: [hevc] Output frame with POC 6.
    2024-01-10 11:03:37.126 T:4895    error <general>: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::GetPicture - videoBuffer:nullptr format:yuv420p10le
    2024-01-10 11:03:37.126 T:4895    debug <general>: CVideoPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error

Edited 2 times, last by brot (January 10, 2024 at 10:12 AM).

• wondering if we could disable this option at the kodi gui as it just creates problems ?

IMO this should be done upstream in Kodi, e.g. if platform supports VAAPI then DRM PRIME option should not be present in GUI.

• Good morning I have a problem on a nuc7i3 with LibreELEC 11.0.6 I have set everything as in previous versions and with a celeron nuc, now I can watch 4k on Samsung TV the problem arises when I go from the very well contrasted start screen to the film which results with a much lighter black. What did I do wrong or do I have to enter a string in advancedsettings to make the contrasts work. Thank you

• Hey folks, one question - do I get correctly that HDR is not supported on Legacy x86-64 builds? I have to use legacy due to the fact that I want Moonlight client to function correctly and it doesn't seem to work without X.org

• Hey folks, one question - do I get correctly that HDR is not supported on Legacy x86-64 builds? I have to use legacy due to the fact that I want Moonlight client to function correctly and it doesn't seem to work without X.org

Yes, X.org doesn't support HDR.