HDR on x86 Hardware

• That fixed DTS-HD MA detection in m2ts files. Thanks!

• I tried this new build out but have reverted back to to the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220618165047-07254d4.img.gz build as the older build can play HDR files that this new one cannot (I have a set of 3 HDR files I test with ... old version can play 2 in HDR this new version only played 1 in HDR).

• The new build is based on "vanilla" Kodi. It is almost the same as official LE11 image. The old one was based on lrusak's HDR branch which isn't updated since April last year.

• appreciate your work on this. I’m just reporting that this still doesn’t work on my nuc11 to jvc projector setup

• Weirdly my HTPC wont switch to bt2020 with this build, The previous builds (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20230310030330-dd3231d.img.gz was working) but its removed. Switching manually with modprobe wont work as soon an HDR movies starts its switching back to RGB. What can i do?

• Couple questions.

I posted up yesterday in the official Kodi forum as my LE11 build seems to play HDR content which looks like it lacks that HDR pop i'd expect when compared to my TVs inbuilt player. My device is HDR compliant, and the file is not DV. My log file is in this forum post here

How best to tweak my video quality LG C9 (LibreElec 11) (kodi.tv)

hastebin

Hoping to get some help and have a few questions answered also!

Will the above build potentially fix some of my issues and i'm keen to know how i can force bt2020.

Is there a list of work (DV outstanding) that needs to be completed for LE to be considered HDR complete ?

Do you know when there could be the next build posted?
    Thanks again for all the work!

• Hey all, I've been searching around everywhere online and haven't found anything concrete. Just curious if there is a list of what HDR standards LEv11 supports?

I am running an x86 intel on an ASRock H510M-ITX/ac. I bought the wrong CPU originally (i3-10105), but I am replacing that with one that supports the UHD730 via HDMI 2.0 (i5-11400).

As a test, I have a 4K HDR10+ MkV. Wondering if I need to keep an eye on my formats.

• Code
    HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible

Dolby Vision = No

HDR10+ = No

HDR10 = Yes

HDR = Yes

TL/DR; ^ the static formats are supported, the dynamic and proprietary ones are not. I'll also caveat that right now LE/Kodi (on Linux) have reached the "HDR support v1.0" milestone, and maybe v1.5 on RPi4 which has more plumbing for colourspace and bit-depth wired up. HDR support still needs more things in the Linux kernel to be agreed upon, and should hopefully improve with related planned changes for Kodi Omega (v21).

• Hey chewitt

New CPU installed and Kodi reports HDR10 support.

But now I'm looking at my 5040 projector. It's pretty specific what signals will trip it into HDR mode.

4k 10bit 24hz 4:2:2

The projector is reporting it's receiving an 8bit signal and BT.709 color space. I can't say what the chroma is.

Is there a way to tweak the Kodi output with the Intel GPU to hit these specs?