ASS-Subtitle Problem

• So I got another Problem with LibreElec 10.0.1

I've got a lot of Anime-Movies in the MKV-Container-Format.

They all have internal Subtitles in the *.ASS Format.

Problem: These Subtitles didn't show on the Screen.

In

Settings -> Player -> Language I set the "Prefert Subtitle Language" to "English"

and "Subtitle Position on Screen" to "Fixed" (changed this Setting doesn't help)

In Settings -> System -> Display -> General I tried different Screen-Resolutions but the Subtitles won't show up.

During Playback, pressing the Key "T" on the Keyboard I've got the Message "Subtitles disabled" or "Subtitles - English subs"(but the Subs aren't shown)

I read about the Problem that *.ASS Subtitles aren't shown in Version 9.95.2 of LibreElec but I though this Problem was fixed in Version 10.0.1

By the Way: External Subtitles in *.SRT Format work fine for me.

• Kodi's source code for displaying subtitles is being rewritten for Kodi 20 Nexus.

I'm not sure how far along those have come already, but nothing much will be updated for Kodi 19 Matrix.

• Kodi's source code for displaying subtitles is being rewritten for Kodi 20 Nexus.

I'm not sure how far along those have come already, but nothing much will be updated for Kodi 19 Matrix.

So if I got you right, you're saying the Bug about the ASS-Subtitles still exist in LibreElec 10.0.1 ?

• I have no problem with ASS subtitles in MKV files, and am also running 10.0.1 version. What device are you running LE on? I have ITX board with J1900 cpu/gpu. Subtitle rendering problem can be tied with inadequate graphic card driver (as far as I know, subs are rendered in some sort of overlay mode).

• So if I got you right, you're saying the Bug about the ASS-Subtitles still exist in LibreElec 10.0.1 ?

It's very much possible. I cannot confirm it because only use SRT subtitles.

Subtitle rendering problem can be tied with inadequate graphic card driver

I doubt the Intel video driver is the problem here.

I'm using an Asus Eee-PC R101(or 1001PX like the Manual says)

That's a 12-yr old Atom-based notebook... Intel GMA 3150 graphics... Ugh.

• Thanks for all your repleys,

but well, that's it for me.

LibreElec gave me too much trouble on the Eee-PC, so I'm back to Windows XP.

It's not the fault of LibreElec, the PC is simply too old, the CPU to slow and it has only 2GB Ram.

The Eee-PC can handle WIN XP, it was installed before on this PC and there's even a Sticker on it that says "Desinged for Microsoft Windows XP".

Because the Computer is to old I can't use WIN 7, 10 or 11 or some modern Linux, but I don't go to the Internet with this Computer so the old WIN XP should be OK.

I simply want a to "transfom" the Eee-PC into a Machine that can playback MP3 Music-Files and some 720p MKV Anime-Videos and so I thought LibreElec would be great and simple, but because the PC is to old it is not.

I don't know if it is OK to ask here, but does anybody know some "Stand-Alone" Software (like LibreElec) that turns my Eee-PC into a simple MP3-Player ?

I've tried "Volumio 3" but that's not the thing I want.

If nobody knows, I will install WIN XP, WinAmp, Media Player Classic Home Cinema and maybe VLC Player 2.2.8 and everything will be OK like it was before LibreElec.

Thanks again for your help on this case.

I will keep LibreElec 9.2.6 on my Raspberry Pi 3B and my newer PC, because there it works fine without giving me any troubles.

Edited once, last by Niceguy (January 12, 2022 at 4:17 PM).