Posts by itisljar

No, it updated to generic.

I've done manual update to generic-legacy (naming is very confusing, btw) and the problem with Netflix is gone. Could it be related with how my TV interpreted (possible) HDR (or something that legacy doesn't support) signalling, as I have pretty old 720p Samsung TV?

With generic image I finally got smooth(er) transitions when browsing the collection. Now, with legacy, transitions are not smooth, they reverted to what they used to be, more choppy.

I guess I should update the hardware :)

I've updated LE10 to LE11 and since then I've had this problem with only Netflix addon: when I watch anything, colors are flashing, like, switching from normal to saturated few times a second. When I pause, no flashing occurs. I've disabled HW decoding acceleration before, because I have J1900 CPU which has broken support for that - I get green screen for h264, and if I enable it for mpeg2, I lose lipsync.

I did not have that problem with LE10. Also, I did GUI update, so I think it updated to generic image, could legacy image help? Also, can I update to legacy without any problems?

I have FTP server (vsftpd) and Transmission server running in containers in LE, on old J1900 based PC which I've made into media center.

I've noticed vsftpd runs a bit slower, it doesn't save files at full speed as it was when I had Ubuntu server installed, but the difference is less than 10%. Transmission runs :) and downloads stuff :) so I didn't really take care about it.

Docker adds some overhead when running apps, but if you are not greedy, it will work quite OK. Just prepare yourself for steep learning curve with Docker.

Also, try disabling HW decoding of video codec (don't know which it is, for me it was VAAPI), I had simmilar issues in the past, but I have old Celeron class CPU with bugged GPU. Couldn't even watch SD resolution x264 without desync. x265 worked, but only because it has no HW acceleration and it decodes by software.

I have no problem with ASS subtitles in MKV files, and am also running 10.0.1 version. What device are you running LE on? I have ITX board with J1900 cpu/gpu. Subtitle rendering problem can be tied with inadequate graphic card driver (as far as I know, subs are rendered in some sort of overlay mode).

As far as I understood docker, you don't change it while running, but you install it with all needed configuration options.

So, you have to change paths in your install script, pointing where your download folder should be, I am guessing it's the part before ":" sign, installing transmission again.

I may be wrong, I had to learn how docker works when I installed LE two months ago.

I had random freezes with my box before, but I have J1900 CPU (so, also Celeron class). Solution was to disable power features through GRUB while booting kernel. It was something with Intel drivers for my older onboard GPU.

I had to add

Code
    intel_idle.max_cstate=1 

just before quiet part in grub configuration.

Now it looks like this:

Code
    linux /KERNEL boot=UUID=CE26-0DB0 disk=UUID=34708cb6-02b0-4ad8-a35a-86d044ee0998 intel_idle.max_cstate=1 quiet

You can try.

Greetings all!
    I'm fairly new to LibreELEC, in the past I've used linux server on my media center with Kodi, vsftpd and transmission-server. I've managed to replicate the same setup now through Docker, it wasn't easy :) but I am satisfied with the results. There is one thing that is bothering me, though; I am listening music from all around the world, and I use mc for on-server file management (i can use shell just fine, it's just faster for me this way), and mc doesn't show japanese or russian cyrilic letters, it shows "???" instead. Listing files from shell shows normal names, as it should in UTF-8 environment. As I poked around a little, I've noticed that mc by default starts in 7-bit ASCII mode, like it's hard-coded. In Options / Display bits you can see that it's the default. You can change that to UTF-8, but nothing changes display-wise, and when you turn off mc and start it again, it reverts to ASCII. I've changed that option manually in .config/mc/ini but when I start mc, it starts in ASCII and changes that setting into ASCII.

Changing fonts in SSH Client(s) changes just the line drawing of the TUI (as expected, depending on the font), but not the display of proper letters, which was never the problem when I used full linux distribution.
    Can something be done about that? I understand it's just cosmetic, but I can read cyrilic, and to very small extent japanese, so it is helpful if I can see what's on the screen.