libreelec device

• hello

what is the best and recommended device that i can install libreelec os on?

i am looking for a strong device with at least 2 G ram and 16 G storage.

something that is fast and stable that i can use for long time.

i don' t looking for a cheap steamer.

thanks

Ilan

• 'Best' is always a personal opinion. It all depends on your use case, your wishes.
    You want to just view 1080p, or also 4K, or HEVC/h.265 videos as well?
    HDR / Atmos capable?
    A NUC like box or a PC ITX-motherboard?

'that i can use for long time.'
    Don't buy something for $500-600 that needs to be future-proof for at least 5 years, because there is no such thing. Unless you don't mind sticking to 1080p videos only, technology doesn't stand still. Better buy something current for $150-200 for 2-3 years, and buy something new after that.

• 'Best' is always a personal opinion. It all depends on your use case, your wishes.
    You want to just view 1080p, or also 4K, or HEVC/h.265 videos as well?
    HDR / Atmos capable?
    A NUC like box or a PC ITX-motherboard?

'that i can use for long time.'
    Don't buy something for $500-600 that needs to be future-proof for at least 5 years, because there is no such thing. Unless you don't mind sticking to 1080p videos only, technology doesn't stand still. Better buy something current for $150-200 for 2-3 years, and buy something new after that.

i want something that can play hevc/h.265 as well . don't need 4k player.
    a tv box with a remote.

• i want something that can play hevc/h.265 as well . don't need 4k player.
    a tv box with a remote.

The current generation of nuc's only support 8bit h.265, however 10bit media is already fairly common, but won't be supported until the next generation of nucs are released (hopefully January-February).

In the meantime if you want 10bit h.265, your options are s905 based devices: eg. the Odroid-C2 or the WeTek Play 2

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (November 16, 2016 at 12:49 PM).

• The current generation of nuc's only support 8bit h.265, however 10bit media is already fairly common, but won't be supported until the next generation of nucs are released (hopefully January-February).

In the meantime if you want 10bit h.265, your options are s905 based devices: eg. the Odroid-C2 or the WeTek Play 2

thank you for the answer

Edited once, last by il2510 (November 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM).

• Doesn't matter much as NUCs are fast enough anyways.

Based on my own experience, that's fairly subjective. Software decoded playback is often jittery at 1080p, lower bitrate videos are passable, higher bitrate videos are unwatchable.

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (November 18, 2016 at 6:09 AM).