Argon remote addon problem with

• I have purchased the Argon remote to go with my Argon M2 with a Pi 4. I have LibreElec installed but can't get your argononeremote.zip addon to install.

I keep getting xbmx python dependency 2.25 could not be satisfied. I have tried clean installs of both 9 and 10 of LibreElec, but get the same message. I'm getting no response from Argon and wondered if anyone else has seen this problem. ?

• I tried an older version of LibreElec which was running python 2.xxxx and the argonremote.zip addon worked fine, so its definately a case of them needing to bring their addon up to date to support python 3.xxxxx

• Here is my Experience with Libreelec (Kodi Matrix) and the Argon Remote:

Today my Argon One remote control arrived. I tried in vain for several hours to get it to work on Kodi Matrix 10.0.0. When trying to install the "argononeremote.zip" I kept getting the error message: Dependencies cannot be installed. Manually installing these dependencies was also unsuccessful. As a last resort, I deleted Matrix and installed Kodi 9.2.8. And what can I say, it works flawlessly there.

I don't know why (I'm new to Raspberry and its software), but it actually seems that the remote control's "drivers" are not compatible with Matrix. Too bad.

Maybe the people at Libreelec can somehow make it backwards compatible? What's a Kodi on Raspberry without a remote control that you can use to turn the Pi on and off? 

• Are you sure argonremote.zip was created for LibreELEC? Most likely it supports only Python 2.x but LE 10 is already using Python 3 which is not backward compatible. So you should ask vendor for updating the installation scripts to be working with Python 3.

I would say it will need some manual configuration but it will work for sure on LE 10.

Look here: Kodi, Harmony, and Raspberry PI 4 with IR sensor newb guide

Focus on Setup points 10. - 11. Edit the key mapping file in accordance with your Remote Control.

Edited once, last by ghtester (October 11, 2021 at 8:25 PM).

• Maybe the people at Libreelec can somehow make it backwards compatible?  

Maybe the people producing Argon cases can get their sh!t together and fix their product themselves? .. we (staff) are getting a bit fed up with the number of Argon users showing up here experiencing issues due to lack of software support and fiddly/iffy connectors/cables in ther case causing a range of connectivity problems.

• I agree with chewitt that it's Argon's problem. They should update their script or at least specify that their script only works on Libreelec 9 and not on 10.

I never had any problems with my Argon case, but I did configure it manually with the Kodi, Harmony, and Raspberry PI 4 with IR sensor newb guide already linked in this thread. To get the power on/off to work with the case (when using a custom remote), I used an SD card with raspberry Pi OS and argon's script for that OS to program the case (see this post). If you use the argon one remote, power on/of should just work out of the box without this step.