Is there any working torrent client for LE?

• kszaq: on S905, the LibreELEC add-on repository points at codesnake's Wetek_Play_2 aarch64 add-ons.
    Are these vanilla Wetek_Play_2 add-ons, or are they built with yet another LE fork?
    [hr]
    Otherwise, add-ons built for S905 7.2.0-009 can be found here

Edited once, last by thoradia (November 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM).

• kszaq: on S905, the LibreELEC add-on repository points at codesnake's Wetek_Play_2 aarch64 add-ons.
    Are these vanilla Wetek_Play_2 add-ons, or are they built with yet another LE fork?
    [hr]
    Otherwise, add-ons built for S905 7.2.0-009 can be found here

Hello

It's not working on Beelink MiniMXIII S905 running on 7.2.0-009 build.
    I tried the following build thoradia/7.0/S905/aarch64 at master · thoradia/thoradia · GitHub.
    The package are successfully installed, but there are not starting either within the GUI or cli.

Daemon is not starting, if I launch manually the service I got the help options.

Do you have any hint ?

Edited once, last by Ronflex (December 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM).

• I would like to give my contribution to the discussion helping other readers to install transmission daemon on LE for Amlogic s905X with LE 7.0.2.009

I have a T95X box. I previously installed a LE 7.0.2.006 downloaded from http://www.memoryleaks.org/libreelec.tv/s905x/ and I was able to install transmission daemon on standard repository.
    To solve an issue with bluetooth I installed kszaq 7.0.2.009 build but transmission daemon wasn't in standard repos.
    I tried downloading the transmission zip build from thoradia/7.0/S905/aarch64/service.transmission at master · thoradia/thoradia · GitHub but the zip file seems to be corrupted. Can't open it and can't install.

So I looked inside the old 7.0.2.006 build (mounted on my PC), and I found the add-on in /.kodi/addons/service.transmission
    I copied via ssh the whole directory to the box running the new 7.0.2.009
    Then I connected via ssh to the box and added the service to systemd, typing from shell:
    # systemctl enable /storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/system.d/service.transmission.service

A message alerted me that the script is missing the [Install] section and some possible issues are listed. Don't care.
    Rebooted the box, transmission daemon is there, working :)

Hope it helps
    giuliano

• giuliano will this Transmission addon enable me to watch acestreams? Acestreams are torrents in nature but I think plexus has something to do with it?

Regards.

• giuliano will this Transmission addon enable me to watch acestreams? Acestreams are torrents in nature but I think plexus has something to do with it?

Regards.

Sorry, can't help. I know nothing about Acestreams.
    All I can say is that Transmission-daemon is an add-on to download files via the torrent protocol, not to watch them.
    It is as any other torrent client, but with the difference that it has no GUI. You need a Transmission remote GUI to control this client. There is a GUI for Transmission in standard KODI repos.
    If Acestreams are, as you say, files shared via torrent, with Torrent daemon you can download them and then watch them as usual when the download is completed.
    Sorry if this info doesn't help.
    g

• Hello

It's not working on Beelink MiniMXIII S905 running on 7.2.0-009 build.
    I tried the following build thoradia/7.0/S905/aarch64 at master · thoradia/thoradia · GitHub.
    The package are successfully installed, but there are not starting either within the GUI or cli.

Daemon is not starting, if I launch manually the service I got the help options.

Do you have any hint ?

I did the same with my S805 box and I have the same problem: neither CLI or GUI works.
    In my case, the error message is transmission-daemon: Line 1: Syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")" )

Is the addon S905 specific?

• entware-ng solution:

1) Create /opt in SYSTEM squashfs file (SYSTEM is located in the root of LibreELEC BOOT partition)

# On OS X (install homebrew and squashfs)
    mkdir -p new/opt
    mksquashfs new SYSTEM -all-root

2) Use entware-ng to install precompiled binary packages

enable ssh in LibreELEC configuration

ssh root@your_box_address
    mkdir -p /storage/opt
    mount -o bind /storage/opt /opt
    wget -O - entware_install.sh | sh
    export PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin
    opkg update
    opkg install coreutils-expr
    opkg install transmission-daemon-openssl
    opkg install transmission-web
    /opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission start

3) Fix path for each ssh session

echo "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin" > /storage/.profile

4) Preserve /opt mount point on reboots

nano -w /storage/.config/system.d/opt.mount

[Unit]
    DefaultDependencies=no
    Conflicts=umount.target
    Before=local-fs.target umount.target

[Mount]
    What=/storage/opt
    Where=/opt
    Type=none
    Options=bind

[Install]
    WantedBy=local-fs.target

systemctl enable opt.mount

5) Auto start transmission

nano -w /storage/.config/system.d/transmission.service

[Unit]
    Requires=network-online.service
    After=storage-opt.mount {your mount point with a lot of space}.mount

[Service]
    Type=oneshot
    ExecStart=/opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission start
    ExecStop=/opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission stop
    RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

systemctl enable transmission.service

6) Fix transmission configuration

nano /opt/etc/transmission/settings.json

Edited once, last by art.sormy (January 15, 2017 at 8:19 AM).

• I've downloaded transmission on 9.0 s912. It installs from zip, but I can't get it running. Http site doesn't work. Does anyone have a clue on what to do?