No Audio Sync option in v10 beta 1?

• OK, so don't understand the rest of the comments after mine that don't answer anything I mentioned... those being the only things I care about at all:

1) Speed control ?

2) More speed options ?

3) Aligned audio/video sync ?

4) Analog output ? (no, my TV does not have another secondary audio output to tap into)

Are any of these going to be incorporated in the new LibreElec versions??

Thx.

• Nope. The entire video rendering and hardware decoding pipeline has changed. All previous articles are null and void.

OK... so then are the features I'm interested in...

1) Speed control ?

2) More speed options ?

3) Aligned audio/video sync ?

4) Analog output ? (no, my TV does not have another secondary audio output to tap into)

...actually going to get added to the new "video rendering and hardware decoding pipeline"?

Or I should give up hope here, and quit repeatedly asking this question in the hopes of a clear answer so i know how to proceed with setting up an actually effective media center?

Please advise.

Thx.

• PR's welcome :)

None of that is being actively worked on that I'm aware of. Either you have very specific needs or no one cares about those "features". You are free to use any software that you want. :)

• You can enable analog audio output by adding `dtparam=audio=on` to config.txt.

According to your kodi log you don't seem to have a whitelist set up and didn't enable adjust refresh rate. Make sure you do that, don't enable 25-30Hz rates of 1280x720, 1920x1080 and allow using double-rate refresh rates in whitelist instead. You are probably running in a 30Hz 4k mode and kodi doesn't cope with that too well if you try to play a 60Hz video - this is probably causing your audio sync issues.

so long,

Hias

• Just an FYI, you don't need a whitelist to use refresh rate switching, you just need the "Adjust display refresh rate" option enabled.

FYI: that doesn't work too well if display is set to 4k (which is default after plain install without changing settings) and max refresh rate is 30Hz. Kodi doesn't seem to switch resolutions (eg to 1920x1080 which will support 24-60Hz).

So on RPi with 4k TVs I very much recommend to configure whitelist correctly (and changing display mode from 4096x2160 to 1920x1080 is also a very good idea).

so long,

Hias

• There is a post 19.0 PR fixing the default whitelist that may help (there is more fixed than the title suggest): Resolution: Try double refreshrate and pulldown also when no whitelist is set by fritsch · Pull Request #19382 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Yes, I'm aware of that, and that will help with playback of eg interlaced videos on RPi4 - but it still won't help with stock default kodi installations where GUI is set to 4096x2160p30 or 3840x2160p30 - there are no higher res modes and no higher refresh rates. You need to switch resolution down to 1920x1080 so you can play back 50/60 i/p HD stuff.

Things will get better when 4kp60 output is supported in the driver (first version of patches already looks promising, but we're not fully there yet).

so long,

Hias

• PR's welcome :)

None of that is being actively worked on that I'm aware of. Either you have very specific needs or no one cares about those "features". You are free to use any software that you want. :)

I never use 4K or anything remotely that high in resolution. 1080 at most.

I don't know what a "PR" is. In this case, it could be "Product Recall".

Meanwhile, I can't imagine I'm the only one to care about speeding up playback, and having analog output.

But, it's great that I am free to use any software that I want. On my devices. In my home. Very generous. Thank you...

Does anyone know other software media centers that provide these options? So far I have checked around with limited luck, as I've previously posted. Thx.

• Hello Everyone.

Actually I'm also struggling because of removing "Sync playback to display". Totally all 24fps video is not smooth even when frame rate is set to 24Hz manually. Is there any chance to enabled it in some xml configuration files?

BTW, I'm not using LEv10, only this unofficial builds based on LE-9.2/9.80

knaerzche
    January 4, 2020 at 4:14 PM