LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• 4k HEVC video decoding and output up to 30fps works fine in kodi - can't comment on moonlight as I don't use it.

4kp60 video output and HEVC decoder optimizations to support 4kp60 are currently in the queue - no ETA for that, though.

so long,

Hias

• What does convert 60fps to 30fps? Or did you run 4k@30Hz and moonlight-qt?

Hi! The max output supported in RPi4 is 4K@30
    Enabling 4K@60 breaks things, there are a couple of threads on this and Hias just confimed.
    So running moonlight-qt at 720p/1080p@60 and the RPi4 and TV/Monitor at 4K@30 will probably desync the vertical refresh.

I don't get any tearing running moonlight-qt at HEVC 720p/1080p@30 in my RPi4/TV at 4K@30

could you force 1080p@60Hz by using this resolution in Kodi or by config.txt?

In Kodi makes no effect. will try on config.txt later.

• Hi SupervisedThinking restoring my backup did not work. Got tons of add-on errors incl. libretro and the system couldn't mount certain folders while booting. ...The games weren't playing. TVheadend however did work.

Games are running fine on a fresh install - have tested some psx and n64 games. So it seems to rely on my config.

Guess I should not restore all of my config.

Have archived this post from chewitt back then - though I could make use of it someday:

RE: Restore backup on different architecture

Will keep on trying.

• Well backing up Kodi add-ons which have updated Kodi 19 versions probably works as tvheadend proved but backing up the .config folder & restoring it is literally the thing I tell people not to do because that's exactly the way to generate a broken build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hi! I'm scratching my head, 'cause i was unable to force a mode yet.

Forget that, yes, i was able to force it, 1080p@60, i still feel a delay, but is smooth.

Edited once, last by ElBoluTony (March 26, 2021 at 5:31 PM).

• Ive been trying to access the retroarch desktop in an attempt to create a new playlist for some of my emulators, dreamcast will not show up my games are in a chd format, and I cannot get the keyboard to respond at all and the mouse only responds at the popup menu when the desktop is first launched ive tried pressing f11 if i remember correctly it does something with the focus of the mouse and I have tried changing the input drivers all to no avail cant really find anything recent in my searches online. Any guidance or pointers would be appreciated.

• Ive been trying to access the retroarch desktop in an attempt to create a new playlist for some of my emulators, dreamcast will not show up my games are in a chd format, and I cannot get the keyboard to respond at all and the mouse only responds at the popup menu when the desktop is first launched ive tried pressing f11 if i remember correctly it does something with the focus of the mouse and I have tried changing the input drivers all to no avail cant really find anything recent in my searches online. Any guidance or pointers would be appreciated.

Well I'm afraid... I have had the same problem & the retroarch desktop does not work with KMS at all. I'm probably removing it from my build anyway because it doesn't work. Might be a small problem but since I can't use WIMP gui in KMS mode - not worth the hassle.

• Could you break down the fix step by step + commands? I'll add them to the Wiki then

Hope it helps!

1) In command line; first remount the /flash boot partition as read-write:

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

2) Then use nano to edit the distroconfig.txt:

Code
    nano /flash/distroconfig.txt

3) Comment the line disable_fw_kms_setup=1, (This prevents to pick a mode from the EDID info coming from the HDMI) , should be the last line, number 8:

Code
    #disable_fw_kms_setup=1

(Ctrl + o to save the file - Ctrl + x to exit nano)

4) Then use nano again to edit the config.txt:

Code
    nano /flash/config.txt

5) At the end/bottom of the file add the hdmi mode desired; hdmi_group=n (1 for CEA - standard for TVs, 2 for DMT - standard for Monitors) and then hdmi_mode=n (you can find the modes listed in Video options in config.txt - Raspberry Pi Documentation )

(ie. for a TV@1080p60hz )

Code
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=95

(Ctrl + o to save the file - Ctrl + x to exit nano)

6) Then reboot to check the changes:

Code
    reboot

The /flash partition will be marked as read-only after reboot.

Uncommenting the line of step 3 will prevent to the HDMI mode to take effect.

Edited once, last by ElBoluTony: Edit URL for video modes and typo. (March 26, 2021 at 9:37 PM).

• I guess so, when I included the core there was not much information about it so I guess adding the files as dhewm3 mentioned in a directory and load them with the core should be fine.

Doom 3 Libretro core dhewm3 coming soon to Core Updater! – Libretro

EDIT:

just create some subfolder for each game in idtech & then load the pak file with the matching libretro core in retroarch, tested with q1, q2 & d3

so Id just launch the pak00 file for each listed sub directory?

• so Id just launch the pak00 file for each listed sub directory?

Yes - I've tested it with my steam files & copy pasted the folder structure of the installation of my desktop id games into the matching folders & then you load the content in Retroarch, chose the matching core and it should start.

I've also patched boom3 a bit, this core looks a bit WIP to since it does not save any settings so I've disabled inverted y axis & set a default res of 720p