LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm thinking of building an HTPC, and using your build for Kodi and 3ds/wii/wiiu emulation.

Any recommendation on parts or ready made builds?

• has the update channel been added yet or is that still a work in progress?

I would need a ftp server or something, probably use the teamspace again but until LE10 stable builds arrive I won't focuse on that anyway because blindly updating isn't exactly the best way to handle suchs forks

Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm thinking of building an HTPC, and using your build for Kodi and 3ds/wii/wiiu emulation.

Any recommendation on parts or ready made builds?

Well I guess it depends on the resolution you want to use. I can play many games even on a J3455-ITX board with a rather slow Apollo-Lake Celeron with it's IGP but obviously it's not the best experience you can achieve. WiiU is actually problematic on Linux because CEMU would need Wine & I have no clue if GitHub - decaf-emu/decaf-emu: Researching Wii U emulation. is already in an useable state. But GC/Wii/3DS works pretty much perfectly fine.

Basically any recent (!) i5 NUC should do the job without hassle but they aren't exactly cheap, also you could look for AMD Ryzen based barebones which should also be quite fine to play those games. If I where you I would look for a nice Mini-ITX case & board, probably at least an AMD Athlon 3000G or better, some dual channel RAM & a m.2 SSD.

Not exactly cheap either but you can swap all parts in the future and still have a small, silent & "pretty" system.

• Hi, i've manage to get almost full speed in SM64 in N64 with 640*480 rendering resolution. Just a little shy in some areas.

I'm struggling to get 60fps in Quake (TyrQuake) in the same rendering resolution, but is working OK.

RetroArch window resolution is 1280*720.

No OC in my RPi4 whatsoever.

Will keep tinkering.

• Well backing up Kodi add-ons which have updated Kodi 19 versions probably works as tvheadend proved but backing up the .config folder & restoring it is literally the thing I tell people not to do because that's exactly the way to generate a broken build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi SupervisedThinking I followed the route of chewitt and restored only the addon-data and some sources.xml files and installed the needed addons afterwards from repos. Games are running but I need to spend more time on tweaking the (core) settings I guess. My J5005 has issues with some games like THPS2 on psx. Mario Tenn!s on Gamecube is not playing smooth in native resolution whereas Mario Kart runs just fine in 2x resolution. Guess I need to investigate a little more on what are the best cores in Retroarch.

TVheadend runs just fine as well - so do YouTube, Netflix etc. VERY NICE.

So far I couldn't figure out a stable sound setting for Retroarch / Emulationstation. Kodi sound works normal as intended. I am using an AVR, so I chose ALSA in RR settings. I found the right ALSA card as well, but the sound appears only sporadically and is not very smooth at e.g. Gamecube and psx.

I will play around further with your beautiful build! Once more - I appreciate your efforts SOOO MUCH :) :thumbup: <3

• Hi SupervisedThinking I followed the route of chewitt and restored only the addon-data and some sources.xml files and installed the needed addons afterwards from repos. Games are running but I need to spend more time on tweaking the (core) settings I guess. My J5005 has issues with some games like THPS2 on psx. Mario Tenn!s on Gamecube is not playing smooth in native resolution whereas Mario Kart runs just fine in 2x resolution. Guess I need to investigate a little more on what are the best cores in Retroarch.

TVheadend runs just fine as well - so do YouTube, Netflix etc. VERY NICE.

So far I couldn't figure out a stable sound setting for Retroarch / Emulationstation. Kodi sound works normal as intended. I am using an AVR, so I chose ALSA in RR settings. I found the right ALSA card as well, but the sound appears only sporadically and is not very smooth at e.g. Gamecube and psx.

I will play around further with your beautiful build! Once more - I appreciate your efforts SOOO MUCH :) :thumbup: <3

1. You should try a more recent build which includes more recent duckstation builds for psx games or just try out beetle-psx, pcsx_rearmed

2. The J5005 isn't exactly a highend system & from my personally experience with my J3455-ITX some simpler GC/Wii games will run but don't have high expectations especially if it's a passiv cooled system. You should also focus on dolphin standalone which ES starts, the dolphin libretro core is pretty dated.

3. You should use PulseAudio as audioserver, Kodi only relies on ALSA for passthrough usage. If sound is stuttering or else it's most likely because your system does not emulate the games fast enough which leads to audio quirks.

• 1. You should try a more recent build which includes more recent duckstation builds for psx games or just try out beetle-psx, pcsx_rearmed

2. The J5005 isn't exactly a highend system & from my personally experience with my J3455-ITX some simpler GC/Wii games will run but don't have high expectations especially if it's a passiv cooled system. You should also focus on dolphin standalone which ES starts, the dolphin libretro core is pretty dated.

3. You should use PulseAudio as audioserver, Kodi only relies on ALSA for passthrough usage. If sound is stuttering or else it's most likely because your system does not emulate the games fast enough which leads to audio quirks.

I switched to to beetle-psx and it runs a lot better. After switching to the Vulkan driver in Retroarch, Gamecube runs very good for the most games as well. Very happy with that! When I start the games in ES, the gamepad doesn't work anymore - will investigate on this.

Your are 100% right - the J5005 is not a beast and initially I did not intend to game on it.... But the Kodi hybrid builds seen here just made me want it :angel:

Regarding Pulsausio: I would be glad, if you could give me a hint on how to make the switch.

I've read through this but still stuck on the configuration:

PulseAudio - Official Kodi Wiki

Code
    pacmd list-cards

0 card(s) available

Thank you!!

• Oh I read that.

1. You should try a more recent build which includes more recent duckstation builds for psx games or just try out beetle-psx, pcsx_rearmed

Thought you meant that I have to change the Kodi settings to Pulseaudio. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

It works now with ALSA in Kodi and Pulseaudio as Backend in RR-Config. Thats even better (brilliant) from my perspective.

Gamecube games hang when started from Retroarch. When started via ES it is working. Configured my gamepad with Dolphin as well and currently enjoy some Gamecube Tenn!s.

• Oh I read that.

Thought you meant that I have to change the Kodi settings to Pulseaudio. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

It works now with ALSA in Kodi and Pulseaudio as Backend in RR-Config. Thats even better (brilliant) from my perspective.

Gamecube games hang when started from Retroarch. When started via ES it is working. Configured my gamepad with Dolphin as well and currently enjoy some Gamecube Tenn!s.

I've tested Mario Kart for GC & it work's flawless with the libretro core, did you still use Vulkan as RA video driver? Anyway I would highly recommend standalone Dolphin since it's up-to-date.

Well that's the intention - at least the basic functionality should be configurable without cli hassle, my setup functions should cover the usual usecases and load & unload PA modules when you're using the gaming extensions, so Kodi & it's settings are completely untouched. Technically you can switch Kodi over to PulseAudio if you want to use Bluetooth audio, then my scripts still set up all emulators for PA usage and it should also work fine, at least when I tested it with some BT headsets & speakers.

Then have fun playing some GC games!

• I've tested Mario Kart for GC & it work's flawless with the libretro core, did you still use Vulkan as RA video driver? Anyway I would highly recommend standalone Dolphin since it's up-to-date.

Well that's the intention - at least the basic functionality should be configurable without cli hassle, my setup functions should cover the usual usecases and load & unload PA modules when you're using the gaming extensions, so Kodi & it's settings are completely untouched. Technically you can switch Kodi over to PulseAudio if you want to use Bluetooth audio, then my scripts still set up all emulators for PA usage and it should also work fine, at least when I tested it with some BT headsets & speakers.

Then have fun playing some GC games!

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes - Retroarch is still on Vulkan. Will follow your recommendation and use standalone Dolphin.

Thank you for your support!

• Thank you for this! Everything I've tried upto the N64 era has worked great on my i3-9100 HTPC!

An i3-9100 should run GC/Wii, PS2 and even some PS3 games too

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes - Retroarch is still on Vulkan. Will follow your recommendation and use standalone Dolphin.

Thank you for your support!

NP - check out duckstation with opengl again, the core was rebased on master and was ~700 commits behind. So maybe it'll fix your issues

• An i3-9100 should run GC/Wii, PS2 and even some PS3 games too

NP - check out duckstation with opengl again, the core was rebased on master and was ~700 commits behind. So maybe it'll fix your issues

played THPS2 yesterday and it runs just fine in ES - it was so much fun to play. So many *pressstart->retries* after the first failed trick. lol

I did not change the settings in Retroarch anymore. Couldn't this be fixed due to the right sound settings I have now? Anyway....

I will playground with the settings to get a bit more experienced with the whole thing.

...And I guess I have to switch to a more powerful machine sooner or later 8o

• Is it possible to integrate xow?

GitHub - medusalix/xow: Linux driver for the Xbox One wireless dongle

This would be actually amazing to play with the Elite Controller over the dongle.

Here are some guys, that made a Build recipe for xpadneo, maybe it helps for xow xD

MisterT
    February 8, 2019 at 2:04 AM

Actually having both would be awesome too. xpadneo provides rumble and everything else for bluetooth controllers and xow has adapter support. The normal libreelec xbox one controller support is pretty dissapointing, no rumble etc...

If thats possible, it would be actually amazing for a lot of people that uses emulators or especially moonlight :)

Thank you :)

Edited once, last by Ramalama (April 12, 2021 at 9:14 PM).