LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• I updated Waspoedertje's 'addons' that were made to assist launching spotify, retroarch, etc. from other skins so they work with new LE builds running python 3. I can't figure out how to fork stuff right in github lol. theyre in the kodiaddon-master.zip

GitHub - brs677/Kodiaddon: KodiAddons to start python apps for 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv

Nice job :)

I am gonna switch to this LE 10 fork.

But is it possible (or you already have done it) to add HDR patch for intel nuc

Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ? - Hardware - LibreELEC Forum

Thanks in advance the fork looks nice SupervisedThinking

• LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-RR-20210418-a1398f2.img, before libreelec is starting:
    depmod: ERROR: fstatat(6, nvidia.ko): No such file or directory

and starting the libreelec configuration tool is not possible, but I havnt found an error message in the logs. maybe I have to enable debug logs first. Initial configuration was possible though.

edit: okay I think its related to the embuary skin. everything is working without problems. but as soon as embuary is installed and kodi restarts, the libreelec configuration addon is not working anymore. But this must be related to this build, because the l10 without mods is working here.

Edited once, last by blitterz (August 2, 2021 at 5:48 PM).

• Hey SupervisedThinking thank you for this image. I had previously had a RetroELEC image all working fine on my RPi4, but the LibreElec image was getting a bit old, so great to be 'up-to-date'.

I've just got a small issue getting my video snaps working in EmulationStation.

I'm using the mp4 that were working under EmulationStation in RetroELEC.

The directory structure I'm using is:

Code
    /storage/.config/graphics/arcade/snap/<<rom>>.mp4

The boxes and wheel/marque all work fine, but the snaps don't play (no video or audio).

I'm using the "es-theme-ComicBook_SE-Wheelart-master" theme which worked in the RetroELEC image.

I've been trying to figure out what drives the videos within EmulationStation for the snaps.

Anyone got video snaps working within ES in this image?

Thanks.

• So I got the audio from the Video Snaps (Video Previews) working by RTFM PulseAudio for Video Previews but I still can't see video.

es_settings.cfg is set not to use the OMX player

<bool name="VideoOmxPlayer" value="false" />

What does emulationstation use when not the omx player? (VLC? libvlc)

I checked the codec of the snaps and they're YUV420.

Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 224x384 [SAR 9:7 DAR 3:4], 472 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 11988 tbn, 59.94 tbc (default)

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by kidhazy (August 9, 2021 at 1:12 PM).

I checked the codec of the snaps and they're YUV420.

Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 224x384 [SAR 9:7 DAR 3:4], 472 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 11988 tbn, 59.94 tbc (default)

Looks like it was format issue.

Whilst the original video previews had been converted (about 1 year ago - ffmpeg v4.2.4) from YUV44 using "ffmpeg -i <<input_file>> -pix_fmt yuv420p <<output_file>>" resulting in format:

They wouldn't play.

Reconverting the yuv444 source videos with a new install of ffmpeg v4.4 "ffmpeg -i <<input_file>> -pix_fmt yuv420p <<output_file>>" they now result in format:

Stream #0:0(und): Video: mpeg4 (Simple Profile) (mp4v / 0x7634706D), yuv420p, 224x384 [SAR 9:7 DAR 3:4]

This format does play under EmulationStation albeit a bit 'blockier' than the h264 format - but at least it's playing for now (I'll play around with ffmpeg to see how high I can push the resolution)

Edit: Added the qscale option improved the quaility:

"ffmpeg -i <<input_file>> -pix_fmt yuv420p -qscale:v 0 <<output_file>>"

Edited once, last by kidhazy (August 10, 2021 at 5:03 AM).

• Hi is HDR working for gemini lake in your generics builds?

the build from smp is the only build so far with working HDR on gemini lake and I doubt that this workaround will ever be used in an official LE build, because there is no Interlace working for PVR and other video sources.

the only possible way is to add the changes that has smp used in the HDR build.

I already tried it, but I wasnt even able to compile the LE-RR sucessfully because there were changes made to the code that are not in the github repo.

• At some point we will dump Xorg and switch Generic to GBM/V4L2, but we're aware of a number of HDR related use-cases that still need work (in drivers and in Kodi). However the devs who've been working on this are limited in number and right now real-life is rather busy for them, and K20 is super-early in the dev cycle so we're not in a rush.

• Hi there, I tried your build and its great! I ran into one issue, when updating emulators within retroarch ( specifically the Dolphin emu ) I found that after the update it gives an error saying " unable to load libreto core "

I checked my log and it says:

[INFO] =================================================

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/dolphin_libretro.so"

Error(s): liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[ERROR] Error(s): liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[ERROR] Error(s): liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Its looking for a file that is not there /usr/lib64/liblzma.so.5 isn't where it should be.

Is there anyway to compile the new version of dolphin and create this missing file?

• NickS

I've uploaded a new SSE4 image & it should be fixed now. I guess you're trying to load lzma compressed RVZ images?

• At some point we will dump Xorg and switch Generic to GBM/V4L2, but we're aware of a number of HDR related use-cases that still need work (in drivers and in Kodi). However the devs who've been working on this are limited in number and right now real-life is rather busy for them, and K20 is super-early in the dev cycle so we're not in a rush.

Well hopefully this will mature until then WIP: unstable: add color management protocol (!14) · Merge requests · wayland / wayland-protocols · GitLab because having a full fledged wayland/weston foundation shouldn't hurt and keeps Generic builds flexible.

• Hi there,

first of all I would like to thank you for this build. It's really nice to have moonlight-qt and xpadneo as part of libreelec.

I have got a little problem with moonlight. On 1080@60 i noticed some flickering in the upper third of the screen, especially if there is a lot going on, if nothing happens on the screen the flickering is not noticeable. I tried with v-sync on/off and forced h.264. While v-sync seems to make no difference, forced h.264 makes the flickering worse.

Greetings,

Cillit

Edit: If moonlight starts, the TV resolution switches to 4k@30, if a game stream starts the resolution still is at 4k@30, even if the streaming is set for 1080@60 inside moonlight. I have tried to force a resolution with the hdmi_mode solution mentioned in the wiki.

Edited once, last by Cillit (August 19, 2021 at 4:21 PM).