7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• My a95x box turns on and off just fine.

Damn. I wanted to install back the stock Android. Put the files on SD using the SD tool that came with firmware and pushed the reset button on start. I quickly saw the Android text updating and then image was gone. I wanted 15 minutes but nothing happened. Starting the device shows me nothing. I opened it and the blue and red LED is constantly lit.

Any suggestion how to bring it back to life. With LibreElec prefered. I can live without remote power on/off.

• Yes. Nexbox A96 S905 (not S905X). I used BootcardMaker.exe and stock firmware from August. It showned Updating and then TV lost signal. I can not longer see anything and blue and red LED are always lit.

I wanted to install stock Android. Test remote on/off and then flash LibreElec back and hope that I will be able to power on with remote.

• Yes. Nexbox A96 S905 (not S905X). I used BootcardMaker.exe and stock firmware from August. It showned Updating and then TV lost signal. I can not longer see anything and blue and red LED are always lit.

I wanted to install stock Android. Test remote on/off and then flash LibreElec back and hope that I will be able to power on with remote.

FIRMWARE FOR NEXBOX A95X (S905 CPU, 1+8G VERSION ONLY) TV BOX

I can tell you right now that the off does not work with this firmware.
    See forum link above and read the issue of on not working with LE.

From link above ??
    Make sure you have formatted the sd card fat32 then make uboot.
    If it still does same thing Just put the recovery image on sd card and get into recovery.
    Then put the files on sd card and choose update.

• FIRMWARE FOR NEXBOX A95X (S905 CPU, 1+8G VERSION ONLY) TV BOX

I can tell you right now that the off does not work with this firmware.
    See forum link above and read the issue of on not working with LE.

From link above ??
    Make sure you have formatted the sd card fat32 then make uboot.
    If it still does same thing Just put the recovery image on sd card and get into recovery.
    Then put the files on sd card and choose update.

Yes firmware from this URL. I have progress now. I freshly formatted the SD card. Only copied file u-boot.bin.sd.bin to it and used the BootcardMaker.exe tool which gave me Success. Now I see the Nexbox A95X logo on TV but doesn't move on. What recovery should I use and what firmware should I install that will potentialy give me remote power on/off function?

Edit: I started it without SD card and it booted to LibreElec that I had configured and used earlier. I am not touching it anymore.

As for power on/off with remote, there is no solution then. Some users said that they needed different Android firmware and then it also worked in LibreElec. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited once, last by thj (November 25, 2016 at 10:57 PM).

• As for power on/off with remote, there is no solution then. Some users said that they needed different Android firmware and then it also worked in LibreElec. Can anyone confirm this?

I believe the S905X Chip firmware powers on but not the S905 .
    Bloody confusing when members don't state their Chip
    [hr]

I'm trying different variants of demux buffering patch.

kszaq this may or may not assist you but i have the old trusty s805 to compare live streams and the behaviour of the s905 compared to the s805 when looking at the buffering issue.

If you install ALPHA Player from official Kodi Repo you can test using Live option in the player which you will see the S905 locks with just a picture/video
    due to Buffering.
     EDIT: For some reason it came good. I give up. It happened continuously after i plugged in the s805 which did not do it and then mysteriously the s905 started to work again.
    This does not happen with the s805 when it buffers. The s805 Buffers and then commences playing normally. Version.005
    Hope this may help.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 26, 2016 at 12:25 AM).

• darren1963 do you have the S905 Chip or the S905X ?
    I have the S905 chip which has different Firmware than the S905X chip.
    If you have the S905 chip i would like to know what version Android you have.

kostaman, I have the S905X chip and both 1/8 and 2/16 and all works well
    [hr]
    Ok folks, just to clarify the turning on and off situation I have the Nexbox A95X S905X chip and both 1/8 and 2/16 and all works well. I hope this helps.

Edited once, last by darren1963 (November 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM).

• I believe the S905X Chip firmware powers on but not the S905 .

That " Chip firmware" in my nexbox a95x s905 1/8 with android august-2016 installed turns off and on the box perfectly.
    At the same time it can not turn on the box after powering it off from libreelec.

• First time posting, hello all :)

Many thanks to kszaq for spending so much time developing this for all of us; you're a rockstar!

I had read in one of the more recent comments that a user with the same box as the one I just bought had success, but I am having a little trouble. The box is a MXQ Pro 4k, and the issue I'm stuck on is getting the library synced up with the SQL database.

The only other android boxes I have used in the past have been made by MINIX, and unfortunately none of them were capable of playing HEVC encodes, nor were they candidates for flashing either OpenELEC or Libre. When I saw the MXQ for ~$45 out-the-door, it was too good to pass up.

Now I wish I had been aware of this thread, and the subsequent disclaimer that would have pointed me towards the WETEK boxes, which really do not cost a whole lot more.

ANYWAY, so I am stuck on the SQL database. I've samba'ed into the box, and uploaded the advancedsettings file (like I have done with all the other boxes/computers on my network), and that seemed to do the trick. Normally after I have done that with other devices, the "home screen" in Kodi will show "Movies" and "TV Shows" with recent lists displayed, as well as a fleshed-out library complete with cover art and the rest. I am not seeing any of that with LibreELEC.

Now I did follow the OP's advice and I have not flashed it over yet, so if this is something I should not expect to work with this, that info would be extremely helpful in advising me on whether to keep or ditch the box. I plan to buy WETEK boxes exclusively from hereon out, but for the time being, it would be nice to have this as the kitchen TV's streamer.

Thanks again for all your hard work, kszaq, and to all those involved in the LibreELEC project :)

• Ok folks, just to clarify the turning on and off situation I have the Nexbox A95X S905X chip and both 1/8 and 2/16 and all works well. I hope this helps.

I was 99.99% that was your chip. Now i am 100% sure. Thanks for confirming.

I believe the S905X Chip firmware powers on but not the S905 .
    Bloody confusing when members don't state their Chip

From now on issues with the Nexbox A95X should have the chip S905 or S905X confirmed when posting.
    This is so important as it can cause wrongful instructions for fixes or comparison in behaviour. ;)

• New development build to test: 2016-11-26

Anyone wants to try 32-bit userspace build? Here it is: LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20161126114912-r23457-g2ce8a84.img.gz

A few things to note:

• both builds have the same patches, kernel configuration etc.
    • the difference is that in 32-bit build userspace is 32-bit, i.e. you can run everything compiled for arm but no dynamic-linked binaries for aarch64 (only static)
    • you can "update" from 64-bit build to 32-bit build and vice versa without losing your settings - safe to try!
    • when switching between 32-bit and 64-bit build you have to reinstall all binary addons or else they won't work!
    • before reinstalling addons you have to refresh LibreELEC repo to make it download from the right URL

Advantages of 32-bit userspace build:

• lower memory consumption
    • a bit more compatible addons available (e.g. Spotify)

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 26, 2016 at 7:41 PM).

• I found no smb file playback (multitude of formats and encodes) or tvheadend dvb-s2 streaming problems with the 11-25 test version. On the contrary, file seeking was quick and flawless and channel changes were very quick.

But with this version I noticed a very annoying clicking and scratching noise when stopping and starting playback of files or streams. Wetek hub connected to Philips TV, no passthrough.

Clicking is also present in 11-26 (64bit).

• mmpp Thank you for testing. Audio clicking/pops issue is something I am aware of and it's being worked on. It's been introduced in one of upstream LE kernel patches. This is one of the reasons why 7.0.2.010 has not been released yet.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 26, 2016 at 11:29 AM).