7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• kszaq, Thanks for the work you've been doing, it is much appreciated.

The hardware I'm using is a NEXBOX A95X

Model: A95X-B7N 2G/16G

Followed your instructions and ran 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) from a usb then switched to internal memory. The system has been running flawlessly for 2weeks, running video and music from my network drive, and streaming from various Kodi add-ons. I have even run 4K x265 10bit Movies without difficulty to 4K TV.

Thanks again.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 22, 2016 at 7:59 AM).

• Any thoughts on the latest development build? People who experienced live TV stuttering, please?

LibreELEC

Hi!

In had some time to test it last night. It seems to be fixed. During the time I tested (I let it run a few hours) the playback remained smooth. It seems to be a very good build from what I have tried.

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Any thoughts on the latest development build? People who experienced live TV stuttering, please?

LibreELEC

Hi kszaq

I went from 7.02.009 to this 11/19 build, and no far no issue (but I had no issue with 7.02.009 either).
    So far I've just tested a few x264/x265 files, I'll report if I find something.

Thanks for your work !

Edit : I spoke too soon...I have popping sound every time when seeking into the files, I go back to 7.02.009

Edit : false alarm, it turns out I had the same issue with this file using 7.02.009 ;)

Edited once, last by Fredouye (November 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM).

• Hello all.

I have a Nexbox A95 S905 1GB. Ran LibreElec perfectly from USB key and now it is permanently on my NAND. I had the Philips RGB bug which I fixed with autoexec.sh command.

Only two problems so far. When I power off with remote I can not wake it up again with remote control. I need to plug out the power adapter.

The second issues is with video playback. I calibrated the screen so that the Kodi GUI is perfectly aligned. But as soon as I play any kind of video the calibration is off again. I can see it since subtitles and lower and if I check the GUI the buttons are trimmed. When video stops the screen blinks and the Kodi GUI is aligned again.

Othere then that I have no problems at all and it is the best thing for this little device.

Thank you for the help and kudos to the authors.

• I spoke too soon to... My live TV stuttering issues just came back with the latest dev build. There seems to be an improvement but it's not perfect yet. The problem is that In changed the tvheadend server so the tests can't really be compared...

• [/quote]
    Tested on an android tv box from amzn labeled "M9CPRO 4K" and it runs smoothly!! (only from SD so far)
    Amlogic S905X
    ARM Mali-450
    RTL8189 (b/g/n)
    HDMI2.0a/CEC/HDR/HDCP 2.2/3.5mm/SPDIF
    RJ-45 10base100/SD 3.0/MMC V4.41/2x USB 2.0/IR rx

Tested
    HDMI +
    CEC +
    SPDIF +
    USB +
    LAN +
    SD +
    Wireless +
    Bluetooth N/A
    IR + (Remote powers on/off and all other functions)
    Have not tested any 3D but have had no issues w/ most other HDMI and common A/V codecs and formats

Only thing I cannot figure out/or is not supported:

Analog video and audio output via 3.5mm to RCA A/V

This works if I reboot into original android ROM, but not in LibreELEC.

Very stable, just woke it up using remote after it's been on for about a week! Been running a tvheadend server instance getting an OTA TV signal via Hauppage 950Q USB TV Tuner. No clients were connected but a few sucessful recordings took place.

I will test the new 7.9 alpha this weekend hopefully.

Thanks you for all your efforts, this is great!

Edited once, last by drewmol (November 23, 2016 at 8:33 AM).

Very stable, just woke it up using remote after it's been on for about a week! Been running a tvheadend server instance getting an OTA TV signal via Hauppage 950Q USB TV Tuner. No clients were connected but a few sucessful recordings took place.

I will test the new 7.9 alpha this weekend hopefully.

Thanks you for all your efforts, this is great!

What chipset does this tuner use?

• Just taken delivery of a Nexbox A95X 1GB/8GB S905x box.
    009 installed perfectly first time. WiFi working.

As ever, thanks kszaq for unlocking the potential of these cheap little boxes.

Edited once, last by ant_thomas (November 23, 2016 at 7:59 PM).

• You're right - this is not needed any more. Additionally you will see a message with device tree name on update screen.

Hi,I'm jason from china. now i have some question want to ask you ,Looking forward to your answer:
    1. what's the relation about source code and kernel code ,as i know ,kernel code provide by amlogic,so how i can Transplant source code to kernel code .
    2. How can i compile source code
    3. you LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz is compile from source code and kernel code ?or just source code .

• 1. Source code = LE buildroot, kernel code - self-explanatory.
    2. Compile - LibreELEC
    3. LE buildroot automatically downloads all packages, including kernel.

here is a recipe I use (perhaps not perfect)

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.2.009 7.0.2.009
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 image
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 amlpkg
    optional (I do not use these):
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon pvr.hts
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (November 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM).

• trying to do this and i'm not getting something. i have beelink minimx. i do not see any reset button to 'toothpick' but i have the update/backup app preinstalled. however, it does not see any zip i can use (i used rufus to make bootable)
    am i suppose to just use a .zip or .img or .gz on a sd card when using the update/backup app method? if so, which one? how do i add the device tree if i'm suppose to use the .gz?
    i'm lost =\

• I have audio problems over HDMI. In between it crackles in the loudspeakers. My AVR is a Marantz SR7010.
    With the version 7.0.2.008 there is not the problem.

The problem exists with the Beelink MiniMXII II S905x and with the Minix NEO U1 S905.

Edited once, last by jamaikajon (November 24, 2016 at 8:49 PM).