7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• At first I put the device tree file as it is without rename it.
    But correct me if I am wrong but I have to use this one right ?
    gxl_p212_1g.dtb

Thank you
    [hr]

kostaman  cocamanus For S905X there's no need to replace the device tree when doing a fresh SD card install. But there's no harm to try other device tree in case the box is S905 and not S905X.

Nothing wish to happen :(

Not instead of go to recovery menu just stop with the NEXBOX logo...

Edited once, last by cocamanus (November 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM).

• Okay !
    Symptoms of wrong device tree.
    You are very sure you have S905x chip ? Android 6.0 right ? Marshmallow.
    Very important. 1gb ram also.

Yep, Nexbox A95x has two variants, s905 and s905x - both principally have the same model name, but there is not so readily advertised model name extension B7N for the s905x variant...

Edited once, last by mytbyte (November 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM).

• Yep, Nexbox A95x has two variants, s905 and s905x - both principally have the same model name, but there is not so readily advertised model name extension B7N for the s905x variant...

Okay ! S905X and 1gb ram.
    When he tried without a device tree you said the box went into factory recovery ?
    Now he puts the device tree and it gets stuck Nexbox Boot animation ?
    I am a little worried about the image not been burned properly to SD Card.
    As far as i can tell he used the right device tree.
    And the fact box boots to recovery without a device tree has lost me.
    Sorry i can't help further as i don't have this box or any S905X

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM).

• Okay !
    Symptoms of wrong device tree.
    You are very sure you have S905x chip ? Android 6.0 right ? Marshmallow.
    Very important. 1gb ram also.

Holy crab....
    I do not know what happened....just burnt again and now it is working !

Anyway thank you for your support ! ! ! !

• Very good evening,
    May i have another question :) ?
    Can you help me how shall i change the workgroup for samba to MSHOME ?
    I have tried with the
    - Settings -SMB
    - samba.conf.sample (edit workgroup-mshome)

But it still not in the proper group.

Do you have any possible solution ?

Thank you in deed !

• Hello dear friends,

I thought that in 009 the remote control return button/backspace button has been fixed. But even thought I updated from 008 to 009 the issue is still there. My device is mini m8s ii 1gb ram.

Does anyone knows how to actually fix that little bug? Thanks!!

• Hello dear friends,

I thought that in 009 the remote control return button/backspace button has been fixed. But even thought I updated from 008 to 009 the issue is still there. My device is mini m8s ii 1gb ram.

Does anyone knows how to actually fix that little bug? Thanks!!

Did you get the correct device tree file? I also had the exact same issue on 008 with the return button not working on the remote that came with the box, after updating to 009 it started working again

• kostaman Can you try this devel version with "The Grand Budapest Hotel": LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161116235711-r23437-g73c3cef.img.gz

I also have that movie and what I noticed it that when you zap through chapters video sometimes freezes but if you wait a few seconds it starts working again. I think decoder needs to be fed with video packets to start working properly and it has to stay that way.

Everybody else can also test this build for a/v sync of buffering issues. ;)

• kostaman Can you try this devel version with "The Grand Budapest Hotel": LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161116235711-r23437-g73c3cef.img.gz

I also have that movie and what I noticed it that when you zap through chapters video sometimes freezes but if you wait a few seconds it starts working again. I think decoder needs to be fed with video packets to start working properly and it has to stay that way.

Everybody else can also test this build for a/v sync of buffering issues. ;)

Thanks kszaq,
    A95X S905 1GB/8GB
    Fixed freezing on "The Grand Budapest Hotel".
    There are 32 Chapters in my movie file. Seek 10 minutes takes me to the next chapter not 10 minutes as .009 version. Corrected .009 did not jump 10 Minutes. It jumped to next Chapter.
    I stopped movie and then restarted from around 25 minutes where i previously stopped and it worked fast.
    I then activated mouse cursor on my remote , pulled up OSD and pointed mouse to a forward point on progress bar clicked ok and movie jumped 20 minutes with no problem. Fast resumed movie immediately. :)

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 17, 2016 at 5:35 AM).

• Hi,
    i bought a Mini mx3 s905x and installed this build. So far it is working good.
    I just could not get Hyperion to work.
    The amlgrabber only works when i deactivate amcodec. Any idea what i could try?
    Sorry for my english.

• Hi!

Maybe test a experimental build with this source helps or at least check the commits to see if the backports contains something interesting.

Is a Kodi 16 + a lot of backports + LE patches + patches from other projects like OSMC
    It contains 122 commits over the official version of Kodi 16

Comparing xbmc:Jarvis...asavah:Jarvis-amlogic · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Edited once, last by CGarces (November 17, 2016 at 4:26 PM).

• If you still can't fix it, Try this remote.conf.
    Unzip and copy it to config files folder. Reboot.

Thanks for your help, unfortunatelu id doenst work on my case. The return button now doenst work at all (it used to open something like a progress bar on top).

But really thanks for the try
    [hr]

Did you get the correct device tree file? I also had the exact same issue on 008 with the return button not working on the remote that came with the box, after updating to 009 it started working again

I got the correct device tree file from here (gxl_p212_1g.dtb) and i put it into the update folder together with the 009 update.zip.

If it works on your device (mini m8s ii) maybe you can send me the remote.conf

Thanks for your help

Edited once, last by koutsilas (November 17, 2016 at 4:49 PM).