Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Let me explain what I meant on the other thread, just to let you know that your build does not have an issue.

As I have mentioned in the past, I have an s905 tvbox which only works with chewitt's le 12 build, on which it boots from an sd card. Before that, and before your builds for s905, I had ce 9.2.6 on its emmc and a fully configured kodi in it, e.g. with youtube and twitch, access to my dlna server for media, iptv with a list I maintain, weather info, and even a couple of games.

After that, let's say that "curiosity killed the cat", because with le 11 returning to amlogic and most addons becoming python3 only, I decided to install it at all costs. You know the rest of the story, I have mentioned it here before.
    The thing I first installed on it was the iptv part, which I use as a backup when my aerial reception has issues, and frankly it is the only thing I don't want to break right now. I have been through a lot since late October/early November and I have lost any motivation to do more than what is absolutely necessary for stuff to work. E.g. my dlna server died in early September, I was planning to replace it by December, but I won't replace it at all.
    For that reason, installing your build on the s905 tvbox (or even at an s912 tvstick that I found a couple of months ago), is just a "wish" I will probably never fulfil.

That's all I had to say. Thank you for listening. Have a nice day :)

Edited 2 times, last by jim_p (January 17, 2024 at 4:00 PM).

• That's all I had to say. Thank you for listening. Have a nice day :)

Thank you for your description. In LibreELEC 9.2 there was a bug in curl that caused some addons to not work (or work incorrectly) if the URL contained an & character.

Unfortunately, I didn't know the reason for this before, but a security vulnerability has since been discovered in curl, which is why I updated it to the current version, and with that the above error suddenly disappeared.

That's why I thought you meant something similar, but in your case it was a different story. ;)

• The following story/issue is part of the "How technology helped me lose my mind completely" book I may write one day :D

So, the all black mxq connects wirelessly to the isp's router, which is one of the worst routers the isps here in Greece provide. It gets a static ip (192.168.2.2) via dhcp binding since ~1 year ago, because mom wants to check what the kids are watching and she does that via kore on her phone.
    When something happens on the tvbox and needs my intervention, I connect via anydesk to the family's pc and then via ssh (the built in command of powershell) to the tvbox. Annoying procedure I know.

One of the things I wanted to change for 2024 was to ssh straight to the tvbox, without all the above. So, I created a new (and the ONLY) port forward on the router which forwared a random public port (over 20000) to the tvboxs port 22. Without even trying to see if whole thing works remotely, I tried to connect locally with the forementioned procedure. Not only poweshell popped this error and the tvbox did not allow me to connect

Code
    kex_exchange_identification: write: Connection reset

but in order to fix it I had to remove the port forward completely!

As for the gamepad... it still does not work despite the udev rule :(

• When something happens on the tvbox and needs my intervention, I connect via anydesk to the family's pc and then via ssh (the built in command of powershell) to the tvbox. Annoying procedure I know.

If you want to access and/or configure something remotely that is more easily accessible through the GUI (or specifically accessible only from there), then I recommend the VNC server addon, which can be found in the LE repository under my images.

• Vnc will also need port forwarding, plus an extra app on my end. Tbh, last time I tried vnc it was locally on the rpi3b+ running the nightlies of le 11 (before it was stable) and the results were dissapointing because the image that reached the client was very distorted.

• Vnc will also need port forwarding, plus an extra app on my end. Tbh, last time I tried vnc it was locally on the rpi3b+ running the nightlies of le 11 (before it was stable) and the results were dissapointing because the image that reached the client was very distorted.

This is far from the VNC server for the RPi, it is based on the continuation of kszaq's previous work, which I have since optimized a bit:
    https://github.com/dtechsrv/aml-vnc-server

• Thanks for the ultra fine images, support and hard work of dtech , köszönöm!

I do really enjoy the last version on few AML S805 devices, but i desperately need your help, I need just one thing:

To have /opt folder in the root, and I don't know how to do it, can you advice me or make an image containg this empty /opt folder?

Why I am need it, because i use LibreELEC just like OS, after initial setup i even stop kodi service, and it will be great to have entware, but to have it i need an /opt folder. More details on this topic here: https://www.artembutusov.com/libreelec-entware-ng-installation/

• If you want to use your box to run network services, then LibreELEC is not necessarily the best choice, not least because everything runs with root privileges, and the kernel is also very old.

In the past, there was an attempt to run OpenWrt, but I don't know if it is still available, because I don't see any published images:

GitHub - joycechu/openwrt_meson: Amlogic S905/S805 OpenWrt
    Amlogic S905/S805 OpenWrt. Contribute to joycechu/openwrt_meson development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
  • Can I use the amlogic usb burning tool to install your build on a tvbox? I assume no, because the build uses the existing bootloader to work.

I managed to install a custom rom on the s912 tvstick with the forementioned tool, because its default rom would not boot anymore. It was my happiest moment since November! :D

• Can I use the amlogic usb burning tool to install your build on a tvbox? I assume no, because the build uses the existing bootloader to work.

Unfortunately, it is exactly as you say. Generic* images do not contain bootloader, recovery, or any other factory partitions specific to any device.

• Hello!

I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate. I have instaled yesterday Libreelec 9.2.8. Everything that i test works well, but the remote control. I tried to put my remote.conf (that works in other versions of Libre an Core) in storage/.config but does not work in this one. I have tried to install in 9.2.8.9 and 9.2.8.13.

In both cases, only works cursor keys (up, down, left and right) and volume keys. The ok and the power key don´'t work.

Thanks in advise.

• Could you send me this remote.conf?

Here is the remote.conf:

Thank you!

• Here is the remote.conf:

Okay, this is actually a config of two different remotes integrated into one file. Well, not exactly the best solution. But one of these codes is also included in the image by default since v9.2.8.12 (0xff000001).

Question:
    Does the remote control work even without your custom config?

If the answer is no, then the other one will be, then try this: MXIII-G Remote (0x7f800001)
    (Of course, there is no guarantee that all buttons will work.)

• Okay, this is actually a config of two different remotes integrated into one file. Well, not exactly the best solution. But one of these codes is also included in the image by default since v9.2.8.12 (0xff000001).

Question:
    Does the remote control work even without your custom config?

If the answer is no, then the other one will be, then try this: MXIII-G Remote (0x7f800001)
    (Of course, there is no guarantee that all buttons will work.)

Thank you!

The remote doesn't work (only direction keys) with or without the custom config. Is like the reomte.conf does not anything.

The MXIII-G Remote works fort me (directions, back, ok, and power).

• I do again the tests in a clean instalation of 9.2.8.13:

- Without my remote.conf. The remote control does not work. no one key works.

- With my remote.conf only works the 4 directions keys.

- With MXIII-G Remote works the more important keys, all that I need.

Thank you very much!

• How can I prove to someone that the builds are on kodi 18 or that kodi 18 runs python2? For some reason, I can not run this, or any other kodi parameter like kodi --help, on le.

Code
    $ kodi --version
    Kodi Media Center 20.3 (20.3.0) Git:20240204-nogitfound
    Copyright (C) 2005-2021 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv