Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• It cannot work with kernel 3.10. Amcodec support was dropped from version 19 by the Kodi development team

Does it mean these boxes will never get the latest Kodi? For example, if I have some sort of x96 (s905x) and could not run anything but your build on it and it was Leia, then it's the end of game with this box? I mean of course it's always possible to install Kodi on native Android, but what an unhappy day it would be...

• Does it mean these boxes will never get the latest Kodi? For example, if I have some sort of x96 (s905x) and could not run anything but your build on it and it was Leia, then it's the end of game with this box? I mean of course it's always possible to install Kodi on native Android, but what an unhappy day it would be...

It means there is no way to boot K19+ on devices running 3.10/3.14 kernels as support for amcodec has been exorcised from Kodi (along with a bunch of other undesirable proprietary decoders). There is some upstream development on S802/S805 allowing them to run newer kernels, although the pace of work is rather slow since there's only one developer (with a busy day-job) and there are numerous drivers needing to be written from scratch after laborious analysis of the orignal vendor code (which is horrible quality) along with ESP and blind guessing. S812 devices have the same status but with some extra issues. Right now the media capabilities aren't there so most active use with modern kernels is centred on gaming distros (Lakka, etc.) which don't need them. Marginally newer S905 hardware has reasonable upstream support (including media things) now and S905X/S912 are rather good (4K/HDR/etc. is working). S905X2 and onwards are better on CE right now.

• LibreELEC v9.2.8.5 (2022-07-23) has been released for S805, S8X2, S905x and WP1 devices.

Changes since v9.2.8.4 (2022-06-25):

• KI-Pro, KI-Plus, M8S+: optimize custom keymap layout,
    • WeTek Play 2: add new remote.conf and a custom keymap (see the attachment),
    • WeTek Play: fix audio passthrough on aml-dummy-codec,
    • WeTek Play: remove not working audio passthrough patch,
    • WeTek Play: fix HDMI stack and CEC functionality,
    • WeTek Play: increase memory reservations in dtb,
    • ALL: increase amcodec rendering buffers in Kodi,
    • S805, M8S+: kernel reconfiguration to improve stability,
    • S805, M8S+, WeTek Core: add model name and family to cpuinfo,
    • S805, M8S+: remove startfromusb option from aml_autoscript,
    • ALL: remove unused inputstreamhelper environment variable,
    • ALL: update time zone database to 2022a.

For download links, please check the first post in this topic: #1

Mirror (GitHub): Release LibreELEC v9.2.8.5 for AML S805/S8X2/S905 and WP1 (2022-07-23) · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML

• Honestly, I don't think I've ever tried USB booting on any of my devices before, but I did it now.

Well, neither on the S805 nor the S812 devices work. Has anyone had any success at all from USB on Meson8*?

Hi dtech,

Do you have any good news for my device? Do you have any estimation when you could release a build for it?

• Do you have any estimation when you could release a build for it?

Please write the img.gz to the flash drive, then download this file, extract it and overwrite the original aml_autoscript.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me, but since your box doesn't have an SD slot, it might work for you.

A feedback would be appreciated.

• Please write the img.gz to the flash drive, then download this file, extract it and overwrite the original aml_autoscript.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me, but since your box doesn't have an SD slot, it might work for you.

A feedback would

Hi dtech ,

I downloaded LibreELEC-HD18Q.arm-9.2.8.4.img.gz, your aml_autoscript and used LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe to create a bootable USB. My TV box has 2 USB ports, I tried to plug it in both USB ports but it can't boot from USB and showed only following screens. Should you create an update package so I can use the function "Apply update from EXT"?

• Hi guys,

can you please tell me what image to use to update my Xoro HST 260 S to the latest LibreELEC that can be run on it? According to the OEM's webpage I save back in the day, specs are

CPU: 4x 2.00 GHz S905D QuadCore Prozessor

RAM: 2 GB (DDR3)

Video: Mali 450 QuadCore GPU

Internal RAM: 8GB

but I'm not sure about the S905D cause the bootscreen says S905X (don't know if X is simple a wildcard).

Since I'm also having issues with my Odroid box and I've got 2 more Xoros hooked up to various TVs in the house, I would like to use a tool to generate an edid.dat file to make sure the proper video settings are used on boot. How do I do that? Thx!

• Should you create an update package so I can use the function "Apply update from EXT"?

Here is the zip that can be used by the Android recovery, but the warranty is ABSOLUTELY 0%:

I removed the link because I didn't get any feedback about its functionality.

What's certain is that your original Android will be overwritten, which you can only restore if you have the original image, so use this at your own risk!

I'm not sure about the S905D cause the bootscreen says S905X (don't know if X is simple a wildcard).

Without a built-in tuner, the S905D doesn't make much sense. Based on the photos and the description above, it has an S905X SoC (this X is not a wildcard character, it is a real X.), so I recommend the MXQ-4K-Pro_2G image for testing, without any dtb replacement.

Since I'm also having issues with my Odroid box and I've got 2 more Xoros hooked up to various TVs in the house, I would like to use a tool to generate an edid.dat file to make sure the proper video settings are used on boot. How do I do that? Thx!

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid#amlogic-legacy -> Check Amlogic (Legacy) section to learn how to override the resolution list.

• Actually I have venz k1 or vigica s100 which is based on amlogic s805 with dvb based on aml6211 and tried with HD18Q image, all is ok but in the tvheadend I can not see tv adapters. Enabling dvb drivers does not help.

• Actually I have venz k1 or vigica s100 which is based on amlogic s805 with dvb based on aml6211 and tried with HD18Q image, all is ok but in the tvheadend I can not see tv adapters. Enabling dvb drivers does not help.

That's actually avl6211, not aml6211.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any published open source drivers for Availink demodulator chips under the 3.10 kernel.

• You're right avl6211. I also have wetek play 1 with tuner based on avl6211. Is it possible to somehow extract drivers from one image and insert them to another?

The dvb drivers of WeTek boxes are not universal, these do not work on other boxes and in many cases conflict with other drivers. So it is no coincidence that dvb driver addons are disabled on WP1 (and also on WP2).