Posts by mgear

It cannot work with kernel 3.10. Amcodec support was dropped from version 19 by the Kodi development team

Does it mean these boxes will never get the latest Kodi? For example, if I have some sort of x96 (s905x) and could not run anything but your build on it and it was Leia, then it's the end of game with this box? I mean of course it's always possible to install Kodi on native Android, but what an unhappy day it would be...

Hi!

Just noticed that the timezone database is out of date. The background: our city's leaders have the habit to change the timezone offset and/or the DST literally twice a year, I mean it. Don't ask me why. So, ooops, they did it again and the time displayed is wrong. Pain again

Of course it's possible to choose the suitable timezone instead of my own but it's not very sportsmanlike :)

I tried to create the latest TZ DB (2022a) and symlink to it

# /storage/.config/system.d/tz-data-latest.service

I suspected it won't work and yeap it didn't work, at least in this form. The symlink is right but the time displayed is wrong

Is there a way to force the system to use the local zoneinfo installation instead of /usr/share/zoneinfo?

Patch applied

My regards! The notifications are gone. I spent couple hours on tests and first thought I found but then recognized that only saw that wanted to see and there's no real cooling down effect depending on smartredraw settings. Tested all that came into head (different modes and windows) then finally more or less systematic 2x2 combinations of algorithmdirtyregions 1/3 and smartredraw true/false. Either I did wrong or maybe smartredraw optimizations are not too good yet in Kodi 18. Sigh...

Probably there are combinations of xml settings and player modes but I didn't found them. But my Matrix box is definitely cooled down. I set up the SNMP monitoring and charts prove it's almost never heats to 70, mainly 65 and below, though earlier it often was over 70 and even up to 80. But again, it's another box, well different "hardly and softly"

The migration to the mainline kernel is in progress ... the Nexus is already in progress

Can't speak for the others but as for me I'd call it superb news ) Are the Matrix's addons compatible with Nexus or addon writers will have to redo them yet again?

Hi dtech!

Just registered to report the issue that is resolved already in the main branch

First, many thanks! I got the "new" (new for me but outdated in fact) TV box and your firmware is the only that I was able to run on it (LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.3 with gxl_p212_1g_slowemmc.dtb)

So, there's the "smartredraw" feature that **GREATLY** reduces the Kodi interface's CPU consumption. For me, smth like from 10-30% to 1-3%. The temperature falls down accordingly. In my case it is about hefty 10C fall, from 60-63С to 48-50C. I use it on my other box that's running the CoreELEC Matrix where the issue had been fixed. But I had no luck to get it running on my "new" box though SoC's seemingly the same, and your build has not this fix so when switch it on the "toast" notification remains on-screen and never dismisses

Issue in the official repo, exactly as I myself see it on my own box: CEC adapter notification stuck on screen if smartredraw is enabled

The patch is extremely simple but I never compiled the LibreELEC and I even can't find where `"'GUIFadeLabelControl.cpp" is

Please, could you give some hints how to apply this patch and build? So, I clone your repo and ... what then? Or maybe you youself build the new image?

And the shy question: is it hard to update Leia to Matrix? And the Nexus is coming...