Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• No, I would like to thank you and wish you enjoyable and trouble-free use. ;)

Experience shows that the n200 image is also perfect for k200 devices. Do you know what kind of wifi chip is in your box?

It probably has AP6330 WiFi. Will try the image and let you know so you can add to 1st post. Thanks!
    EDIT: Indeed it has AP6330.

Edited once, last by ochentay4 (September 20, 2021 at 1:25 PM).

• Little Faye, a 6yo girl, asked me yesterday: How many cartoons can this tvbox keep?

I checked its free space and dound out it has a little bit over 4.5gb, with nothing it it but le and a couple of kodi addons. It seems weird for a device that has 8gb of storage, so I decided to investigate it further.

Here is what I found using various commands, since fdisk and lsblk are not available in le. Blkid reports 3 partitions, although I thought there were only 2, for flash and storage respectively

Code
    # blkid
    /dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
    /dev/cache: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/system: UUID="0c757ab5-f929-46a0-854d-3c2c6bf1ac14" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/data: UUID="a9e78873-d2e1-4262-afd0-acb94fb7d766" TYPE="ext4"

I assume /dev/cache is on tmpfs, because df -h reports

Code
    # df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs                302.7M      4.0K    302.7M   0% /dev
    /dev/system             975.9M    158.6M    801.3M  17% /flash
    /dev/loop0              157.5M    157.5M         0 100% /
    /dev/data                 4.6G    199.7M      4.3G   4% /storage

These sum up to ~5.5bg. But in parted > print, the entire 8gb of space are shown

Code
    (parted) print
    print
    Error: /dev/rsv: unrecognised disk label
    Model: Unknown (unknown)
    Disk /dev/rsv: 8389kB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/524288B
    Partition Table: unknown
    Disk Flags:

So what happened to those missing ~2.5gb? Can I resize the /storage partition so as to use them too?

Relevant outputs from le 10 x86 running from an 8gb usb stick (persistent installation)

Notice that bottom part of parted that mentions the partitions and their sizes? Why is it missing from the le of the tvbox?

• jim_p

It's good that you're asking me these, but I'm reassuring you, I didn't eat the free space. :angel:

The schema of the partitions on the internal NAND/eMMC follows Android, which splits the flash into quite a few pieces.

There are a lot of partitons on it that are unnecessary for LE, or have no file system, just raw data (eg. kernel -> /dev/boot).

But the same is true for bootloader, dtb, recovery, cache, etc.

For example: /dev/system also varies in size for some boxes, in your case ~1GB, but here it usually only contains the SYSTEM (squashfs) file, which is 120-150 MB in size and is basically a non-writable partition.

But on a USB flash drive or an SD card, it’s completely different, so it’s like comparing an apple to a pear.

There are two partitions, one for boot files (kernel, squashfs) and one for data. And that's the story. :shy:

• Amlogic uses a prioprietary partition scheme that Amlogic u-boot and kernel can understand, but no conventional userspace apps (fdisk, parted, etc.) can work with (see: "Partition Table: unknown"). As a result installing to emmc can only overwrite the contents of specific known partitions (/system and /data) instead of generally reformatting emmc to be used with LE. Android has a pile of other partitions defined which still exist on disk and consume space, but have been hidden from LE to keeep things simple. So you won't ever see the full 8GB.

• You are right. The command "parted -l", which i just learned it exists, shows a lot more partitions and info.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, I would like to thank you and wish you enjoyable and trouble-free use. ;)

Experience shows that the n200 image is also perfect for k200 devices. Do you know what kind of wifi chip is in your box?

Ok, image seems to work nicely on Netxeon M82_V4.0_20141106 device (Tronsmart MXIII 2G/8GB Wifi 6330). Wifi worked correctly, funny enough, ethernet did not, cant get ip from DHCP (triple checked connections). Ethernet chip is H1601NL (1502-XG). Any fix you can think of?

I also managed to installtointernal, I like it. If I could get ethernet working Im golden.

• Ok, image seems to work nicely on Netxeon M82_V4.0_20141106 device (Tronsmart MXIII 2G/8GB Wifi 6330). Wifi worked correctly, funny enough, ethernet did not, cant get ip from DHCP (triple checked connections). Ethernet chip is H1601NL (1502-XG). Any fix you can think of?

Start reading from this post or few posts above as well RE: LE-9.2.8 builds for some Amlogic S905x, S802/S812 and S805 devices

I didn't try ethernet but will try it today as we are using the same image on similar box.

• Ok, image seems to work nicely on Netxeon M82_V4.0_20141106 device (Tronsmart MXIII 2G/8GB Wifi 6330). Wifi worked correctly, funny enough, ethernet did not, cant get ip from DHCP (triple checked connections). Ethernet chip is H1601NL (1502-XG). Any fix you can think of?

I also managed to installtointernal, I like it. If I could get ethernet working Im golden.

H1601NL -> It's just a transformer, your Ethernet chip is actually an IC+ IP101GR.

It is located under the quartz behind your lower USB port. :)

I need a dmesg.

• Start reading from this post or few posts above as well RE: LE-9.2.8 builds for some Amlogic S905x, S802/S812 and S805 devices

I didn't try ethernet but will try it today as we are using the same image on similar box.

Your boxes are quite different. For example, your box was equipped with Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211F), not 10/100 Mbps.

On the other hand, your box has an S812 SoC and ochentay4 's box has an S802 only.

But nonetheless, I am happy to accept the result from both. ;)

• Your boxes are quite different. For example, your box was equipped with Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211F), not 10/100 Mbps.

On the other hand, your box has an S812 SoC and ochentay4 's box has an S802 only.

But nonetheless, I am happy to accept the result from both. ;)

Yes, it is working fine on my box.

• Hi all,

I have Minix X8H-Plus with LE 9.0 and I tried update to newer version but I'm not successful.

I can't find logs from updating of LibreELEC-X8H-Plus.arm-9.2.8.2.tar file, .update dir is empty so I made picture from updating.

Any idea how to update it?

thx

• Here it is. Tronsmart MXIII / S802 / 2G RAM / 8GB ROM / AP 6330

Thanks, I will check it soon.

Any idea how to update it?

Check it on an SD card first, and only do the update if it works without error.

Because the project name is different (X8H-Plus), you need to create an empty .nocompat file next to .tar in the update directory.

• ochentay4

Code
    [    1.813044@0] ethernet base addr is fe0c0000
    [    1.847191@0] stmmac - user ID: 0x10, Synopsys ID: 0x33
    [    1.852354@0]  Normal descriptors
    [    1.855655@0]  Ring mode enabled
    [    1.858857@0]  No HW DMA feature register supported
    [    1.863541@0]  Wake-Up On Lan supported
    [    1.887259@0] libphy: stmmac: probed
    [    1.887291@0] eth%d: PHY ID 02430c54 at 0 IRQ POLL (stmmac-0:00) active
    [   44.808738@1] eth0: device MAC address 00:01:23:cd:ee:af

This is seemingly good, which unfortunately does not mean good. :/ (Well, that sounds like a pretty paradox.)

I have to ask if the device had the factory Android ROM on it, or is it possible that you crossflashed with the ROM of a similar device, such as the original (non-Tronsmart) MXIII or the ROM of another MXIII clone.

Unfortunately, this is an important question because I can't find any errors based on the kernel log, but this symptom you report usually occurs when it doesn't have the factory uboot bootloader on the device.

Another thing: based on the log, it seems that either the SD card or the slot is problematic because there are a lot of I/O errors:

If the system is already running from internal memory, it is irrelevant, but this log is apparently still made from the SD card.

Edited 3 times, last by dtech (September 22, 2021 at 7:47 AM).

• Regarding ROM, yes, I flashed, crossflashed, reflashed the device MANY times looking for a usable ROM, be a modded ROM, a ROM from other device (newer), Lakka, LibreElec, etc. Didnt know this could damage in any way ethernet.

Regarding SD card, it was just a reflashed 2GB crappy SD card, as internal installation of LibreElec got me wifi broken and couldnt access the device anymore, so decided to start fresh.

Will do the following if ok, will reflash original Tronsmart ROM, and use a new 32GB SD Card so I can send you dmesg again. Is this good?

• The WeTek_Core project has been re-designed based on the S8X2 project.

Changes:

• The kernel has been replaced from the official (LE) to the kszaq-based,
    • Some disabled things have been enabled in kernel (e.g. CPU temperature, watchdog timer, etc.),
    • The HDMI-CEC now works properly,
    • Resolution whitelist and 4K patches applied,
    • The u-boot-tools-aml package added to image (fw_printenv, fw_setenv),
    • Audio output configuration changed (based on S8X2).

Primary download link: Index of /WeTek_Core/

Mirror (GitHub): Release LibreELEC v9.2.8.2 for WeTek Core only (2021-09-24) · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML · GitHub

REQUEST!

Unfortunately, after building the image, my own Core device died. It worked for about 2 days, but the BGA soldering of the SoC was factory defective. When the heat sink was removed, the PCB was permanently damaged (the copper foil was broken at several points), so unfortunately it is no longer repairable. (It's a little funny, but most sad, that the thermally conductive adhesive was stronger than soldering.)

If anyone knows where I can get another one in Europe at a reasonable price, please contact me in a conversation.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 7 times, last by dtech (November 6, 2021 at 6:32 AM).