Beelink Mini MXIII WIFI and BT

• Actually I got S912 box with Aigaile WiFi but I can at least use it to test Aigaile drivers. For now I don't need any more logs, I need to find some spare time to play with the drivers.

Since you got an S912, can we hope in a port to this SoC anytime in the future? :D

• The only thing we don't have to get S912 working is libMali.so for fbdev, like said many times before. Without it we can't render GUI. Everything else works. As soon as fbdev libs for S912 are released, there will be S912 available.

• The only thing we don't have to get S912 working is libMali.so for fbdev, like said many times before. Without it we can't render GUI. Everything else works. As soon as fbdev libs for S912 are released, there will be S912 available.

Thank, sorry for asking a known question but I missed that part :D

• Bought a Beelink Mini MXIII-II today, when it arrives I'll test your dev builds kszaq, if noone test it in the meanwhile.
    Thanks for all your work on amlogic and efforts to support other devices besides the "official" ones.

• Hi @kazaq. Thanks so much for your efforts. Im going to try this new build and report back now.

In the meantime I will send you some coffee money :)
    [hr]
    Great job it works perfectly.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (November 30, 2016 at 7:07 PM).

• Please try this new build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161129232917-r23467-gdee7939.img.gz

I have added a workaround that might make the driver finally work correctly.

Still not quite there kszaq - at first I thought it was resolved, the wireless connected automatically after reboot; worked successfully on two successive reboots;
    then on next try, it was same as previous - had to disable/re-enable the wireless networks in order for it to reconnect.
    i.e.
    Reboot
    Check connections tab - nothing there
    Go to Networks - disable then re-enable wireless networks
    Go to connections - already connected to my router.

At least there is that 'work-around' to stop & re-start the wireless network;
    but it would be perfect if did not have to do that.

One other thing I have noticed - get occasional lock-up after restarting, when opening the 'networks' tab - it just locks screen with a 'loading' message, but never completes it;
    saw this with previous revisions also
    But it is infrequent - more 'not' than often.

Have any of you other testers seen this last issue? kodiuser1 ?

• have also tried the latest build and can confirm after a couple of boots wifi remains off and has to be turned off then on again to get a connection, I also had once or twice a "lock" as above when restarting and had to pull plug and restart again

aside from that all seems ok to me, thanks for your work dev!

• Hi guys!

Just one simple question to the ones that own the Beelink MiniMXIII II:

Does bluetooth work with the lastest kszaq builds? I know that WiFi does not work yet (although the solution seems to be close), but what about bluetooth? It doesn't work at all? No problem? My main interest is to use bluetooth with my remote control, I'm not interested in audio streaming.

Many thanks for your help and specially to kszaq for his AMAZING work.

Best regards,

Aitor

• Not seen it myself. Running from sd card.

• WiFi works (with little issues), Bluetooth doesn't. I haven't found hciattach for Qualcomm/Atheros BT yet.

Thanks for your fast answer kszaq!

Then I will get a MiniMXIII even if it is more expensive, just to be sure that everything works fine.

Best regards,

Aitor

• Not seen it myself. Running from sd card.

I am running from SD Card also

have also tried the latest build and can confirm after a couple of boots wifi remains off and has to be turned off then on again to get a connection, I also had once or twice a "lock" as above when restarting and had to pull plug and restart again

Looks like 5500 has seen the same issues as I reported - initially thought it looked fine (it DID seem OK for a couple of boots) but repeated reboots, highlighted the issue
    i.e. sometimes it works and sometimes it still required the disable/enable process.
    I was also interested to see that 5500 also has those occasional lock-ups, identical in description to what I get

• I've been running for a further few days and as before sometimes when stopping a movie and pressing back I get a freeze and have to pull the power lead to reboot.
    Is it recommended to stick with the last version posted for the mini mxiii ii or is there another one to try?

• Any news on getting the BT to work? Do any of you guys know what's the chip of BT?
    I don't really need WiFi, but BT would come in handy to pair gaming controllers!

Thanks!

• Any news on getting the BT to work? Do any of you guys know what's the chip of BT?
    I don't really need WiFi, but BT would come in handy to pair gaming controllers!

Thanks!

As kszaq mentioned, hciattach for Qualcomm/Atheros BT is missing. If it become available he will add it.

Edited once, last by 7up (January 2, 2017 at 7:38 PM).

• My setup:

Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905x)
    LibreELEC 7.0.3.011 (kszaq) KODI 16.1

I was having the same problem with wireless connection that others have mentioned.

This morning I've noticed that with the Wired Networks button turned off (Settings/ LibreELEC / Network), the box is connecting to my wireless network automatically at start up without the need to toggle the Wireless Networks button.

I've tried this many times this morning and it has not failed. I also tried reactivating Wired Networks and the problem recurred straight away.

Interested to hear if this works for anyone else.

• Interestingly...just found out that BT is indeed working with MiniMXIII II with 7.0.3.012f...most likely I'm just a slow learner and everybody else knows that already

Edited once, last by mytbyte (February 3, 2017 at 8:39 PM).