Webcam doesn't work

• Hi,

I have a Tptek ip camera model WO1011EW, and can see it streams (rtsp://192.168.0.14:554/11 or /12) in vlc or ie + fp in a win computer normally.

When i try it in kodi 18.9 + Rpi4 2Gb , got nothing. I tryed with add-on surveillance cameras and with a strm file.

My log file: log file .

Any guess?

Thks

• Da Flex

I,m already connected via lan cable.

Klojum

It's solution is better for my old uncle, she coud use a normal tv to control cameras. It worked with an old indoor camera (wanscan) but I can't use it in outdoor gate.

Thanks for replies.

Someone knows a cheap model (aliexpress) to use in described setup?

• You could also try a full-OS Linux solution like Ubuntu. It should have more hardware drivers available.

So how many cameras are you planning on using?

Consider the following scenario: A secondary house that is empty for a long time, only occupied a few months a year or weekends.

Would you leave an Ubuntu PC to handle the surveillance cameras so it can be stolen? Excuse me, I'm thinking of leaving a € 25 TV Box with LE or CE to manage the surveillance cameras and send the recordings to the main house. In this way, in case of theft or occupation of the house you will always have the recordings and if the TV Box is stolen you only lost € 25.

So far I have not done anything related to this matter, and this is because LE / CE do not provide facilities for it. I am obviously dismissing the alternative of paying a monthly surveillance fee.

• Consider the following scenario: A secondary house that is empty for a long time, only occupied a few months a year or weekends.

An empty house should have a better warning/alarm system than just one or two cameras IMHO.

Or is it okay that in case of fire, you can watch your secondary burn to the ground?

OP's solution is for an old(er) relative to watch 2 camera angles. Again I say there are better solutions than Kodi to run a webcam solution. If you want to secure your property that's worth some $100,000 or more, would you really rely on a $25 webcam/computer package?

• An empty house should have a better warning/alarm system than just one or two cameras IMHO.

I'm not really worried about the building, the possibility that the brick walls with reinforced concrete structure, or grounds being stolen is very remote ^^. Right now I am only relying on insurance and notices from the police and neighbors, but what worries me most are the occupations of buildings, which in my country is a real plague. For this I would only need a camera inside the house.

Considering that LE / CE is not helping with this, the alternative I see is the installation of a network camera with distant ftp recording using a VPN client in LE / CE for recordings in the main house.

Edited 6 times, last by elonesna (January 17, 2021 at 9:09 PM).

• Hi,

OP's solution is for an old(er) relative to watch 2 camera angles. Again I say there are better solutions than Kodi to run a webcam solution.

Surely there is, but we live in different realitys. I don't have much money, infrastructure and knowledge to do it. Besides this all stuff needs to be imported (= long time to wait + taxes).

Another possibility:

This resource is compatible with Libreelec in RPi? External players

I didn't try it yet, I'm far from installation now, but reading about I found someone telling that .xml in wiki is incorrect for vlc in linux systems.

So, if it works, someone knows correct spelling of that file?

Thks

• ... can see it streams (rtsp://192.168.0.14:554/11 or /12) in vlc or ie + fp in a win computer normally.

When i try it in kodi 18.9 + Rpi4 2Gb , got nothing. I tryed with add-on surveillance cameras and with a strm file ...

These last few days I have been studying how to use, see, and record, from an IP camera accessible from LibreELEC. As I did not know everything, I have been looking for docker services, and almost none can work on small devices with an arm processor, and those that work as kerberos do not allow continuous recordings, they only allow recordings by motion detection through software, which leads to the use of CPU and impermissible heating. In the end I have not found any practical and usable software so I have had to make one that can work with any CPU.

The commands are:

• the 'find' and 'rm' command is responsible for deleting a record older than 7 days
    • 'ffmpeg' command records continuous 30 minute video and audio files
    • /storage/shared is for me a network directory mounted with sshfs shared and visible by all my multimedia devices that is physically located on a hard disk managed by LibreELEC
    • the saved files have a practical camx_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.mkv format
    • I have chosen the mkv format because it allows ffmpeg to record any codec even if it does not recognize it

With all this, the workload of the remote arm recording device and of the x86_64 LibreELEC server, are very small.

Obviously seeing the image of the IP camera in real time is very easy, you can use the Surveillance Cameras addon or add it to your list of TV channels. For me it is more practical to do it with my smartphone and VLC.

Hope my solution gives you ideas on how to solve your problem.

Edited 10 times, last by elonesna (April 3, 2021 at 11:27 AM).

• I would just like to mention when FFmpeg Tools 9.80.11.114 Add-on is installed in LE 10, the path to ffmpeg is /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg