Nightly builds Rpi4 Audio passthrough TrueHD/Master HD not working (huge stutter) anymore

• We temporarily had to revert the HD audio changes as they seem to trash filesystems on RPi2 - we'll add them back once that issue is fixed.

So stay on 20210108 for testing ATM.

so long,

Hias

• Could you please give this test build a try? LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel-20210124165749-4b10646.tar

It includes a couple of patches to trying to fix issues we've seen (audio FIFO overfilling, audio buffer underrun in kodi) and also includes a patch to periodically check for HDMI FIFO issues.

If you run into audio dropouts please upload a pastekodi log. BTW: no need to enable audio or video component logging in kodi, that won't reveal anything interesting and just bloats the log.

so long,

Hias

• The build from Jan 29 is still the latest version of audio patches. You can also test with the HDR testbuilds RPi4 testbuild with HDR support they contain the same patches as the Jan 29 build except for the audio buffersize patch (which is very likely not needed).

I tried to tweak settings a bit and see if I could resolve the now very rare glitches but didn't have much success with it yet. It's really hard to catch the glitches now and tweaking settings only made things worse so far.

so long,

Hias

• Does true hd and master hd audio was with all kodi 19 nightlies? like does the version 10 february hdr 4k build for raspbery pi 4 has true hd/master hd audio? sorry if its dumb question, than y all in advance

• master/nighly is missing 2 commits from the latest testbuilds which further reduce the chance of audio dropouts - I'll include them in the next RPi kernel update.

so long,

Hias

• Hey guys, first post here but been using LibreElec for quite a quite now. Fantastic stuff!

I finally got around to test a nightly build with HD Audio. The few minutes of various films I played have access to sounded very promising.

Got a few questions:

1.The latest blog post says " [we] would like to encourage wider testing." What should nightly users focus on testing? Any specific areas, ideas, media combinations?
    2.What is the preferred way of sharing logs. I came across pastepin a few times in this and other threads but I'm not entirely sure how to use that. Any guides, tips somewhere else on the forum?

Thanks again and looking forward to the next stable release!

• Just test stuff .. and report things that don't work or cause problems. If things work, we don't need to know. Debug kodi.log and sometimes dmesg if it shows errors are useful .. you can "cat /path/to/log | paste" to send to a paste site and get a URL to share. Most staff auto-ignore text file attachments (as too much effort to download/open) and logs pasted into posts (as usually ends up incomprehensible to read).

• The preferred and easiest way to post logs is to either use the upload logfile option in LibreELEC settings or to ssh into the RPi and enter "pastekodi".

Both variants will give you an URL, just post that URL here.

so long,

Hias

• I upgraded to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210218-7e43082.tar last night and have tested a few I was having trouble with. 4k and other lower resolution video now play back with out intermittent screen blanking. Passthrough is working well except on videos with 7.1 audio. I'm using passthrough via optical to a Marantz SR55000 receiver 5.1 speaker system. The media is HEVC 10 bit derived from a BlueRay. The Dolby 7.1 audio is being detected as a stereo audio source by the Amp. The voices in the video are mapped to the a surround channel and a barely audible. Media Info says the 8 channel mapping is "Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs Lb Rb LFE.

Media Info Audio.

Audio

ID : 2

Format : AAC LC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity

Codec ID : A_AAC-2

Duration : 1 h 43 min

Bit rate : 907 kb/s

Channel(s) : 8 channels

Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs Lb Rb LFE

Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)

Compression mode : Lossy

Delay relative to video : 20 ms

Stream size : 669 MiB (15%)

Language : English

Default : Yes

Forced : No

• Few observations from using the latest LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210218-7e43082

-HDR/HD audio pass-through seems to work fine

-As someone mentioned before, DD+ pass-through doesn't work (but when disabled soundbar outputs as PCM)

-High frame rate (60 fps) videos don't work (memory issue or not supported yet? My settings perhaps?)

like the sony sword one: Sony: Swordsmith HDR UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media

• With optical out only AC3 and DTS passthrough is supported. The mediainfo shows it's not a dolby digital but an AAC audio track - that can't be passed through at all, you have to enable AC3 transcoding (then kodi will transcode AAC to AC3 and you get 5.1 sound with your receiver).

so long,

Hias