Kodi not starting nightly-20201221-84dd16d x86_64

• Ah sorry, took the wrong file (... did not notice that there is also a crash in 20201211).

Here is the link from pastekodi: http://ix.io/2J8Y

Graphics card is a Radeon HD - following info copied from "technical-attributes": AMD GX-212JC 1,2 GHz Dual-Core SOC APU mit AMD Radeon HD Grafikkarte

• 2020-12-22 16:07:14.807 T:1307 ERROR <general>: X11 Error: No Display found
    2020-12-22 16:07:14.807 T:1307 FATAL <general>: CApplication::CreateGUI - unable to init windowing system

Radeon HD is a couple of generations old already. And AMD support was kind of a lottery in those days: then it worked, then it didn't work...

I think the graphics card in those thin client boxes cannot be replaced with something more recent, but they will now make for an excellent door stop. I suggest you get yourself a simple Raspberry Pi, or a more recent board like a J5005 or J5040, whatever is your preference. Those have much more uptodate graphics engines, and are more than capable for Kodi usage.

• Ok let‘s stop discussion - I thought it would be helpful for Developers to get feedback - but those comments do not help at all.

-> just a remark: Not everyone has enough money to buy a new PC if there is a problem, so I really liked the small Libreelec Linux to support not only „actual“ PCs ...

For x86_64 there is only the most actual version available for download - so not much possibility for testing ...

• for sitiuations like these would be really good having an archive of nightlys ... and not everybody has to keep his "last known good by himself"

... and moreover far more constructive, friendly and helpful than: "get yourself a PI", "install regular linux" ...

what's so difficult in having an archive of nightlys ?

• for sitiuations like these would be really good having an archive of nightlys ... and not everybody has to keep his "last known good by himself"

... and moreover far more constructive, friendly and helpful than: "get yourself a PI", "install regular linux" ...

what's so difficult in having an archive of nightlys ?

Do you even understand what "nightly builds" are?

From my point of view, we should be grateful to developers for publishing them at all.
    What prevents you from setting up this archive if you think it is needed? In my opinion, however, it would be a waste of space that someone has to pay, because hosting is not free.
    Everyone can (and should) keep the previous functional "nightly" version + configuration backup and as you can see in the very first post, it happened here as well.

• For these Southern and Sea Island GPUs you can switch to the amdgpu kernel driver that is not affected by the bug.

Make /flash writable: mount -o remount,rw /flash.

Edit syslinux configuration: nano /flash/syslinux.cfg and add radeon.si_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 to the APPEND line.

• Thank you chewitt, mglae and all others for bringing back the discussion to a technical point.

That´s the reason why I use LibreElec since years (and most items can be solved by reading in forum and checking issues in github).

I just tried adding the two lines to the syslinux.cfg but it did not solve it - when Kodi is started I get the same error:

Code
    2020-12-23 13:11:37.825 T:1417     INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0"
    2020-12-23 13:11:37.833 T:1417     INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0,AES0=0x04,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x00"
    2020-12-23 13:11:37.834 T:1417     INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
    2020-12-23 13:11:37.834 T:1417     INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Using data format AE_FMT_S32NE
    2020-12-23 13:11:37.850 T:1411     INFO <general>: CKeyboardLayoutManager: loading keyboard layouts from special://xbmc/system/keyboardlayouts...
    2020-12-23 13:11:37.877 T:1411    ERROR <general>: X11 Error: No Display found

I think I go back to 20201211 (that´s the last working version I saved to my HDD) and check the github-pull-requests to see when the mesa-update is appied!

• That surprise me. I've tested 20201221 from USB stick on my Kaveri system, reproduced the issue and solved it by choosing amdgpu.

Please post complete pastekodi log again