NUC and LibreELEC resolution

• Hi Guys,

Been trying to figure this problem out all day but I can't for the life of me fix it.

My problem is that I have a 4k TV hooked up to my intel NUC. This NUC is nowhere near powerful enough to run 4K resolution. Not a problem since I just want to run libreelec in 1080p but the option to change the resolution is greyed out. It's so laggy that I can't navigate through a menu without some serious patience.

So, how do I change the resolution, which seems to be locked to 4K on libreelec, back to 1080P?

• Sorry, but Intel has made more than just one model NUC. And since our magic crystal ball is not working either, we have no way of knowing what sort of hardware you are talking about.

The URL of a pastebin'd kodi.log file would be a nice start, see here for details: HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

One crude option would be to put a xrandr command, fixating the screen on 1080p, in the autostart.sh file, but that's probably a last resort.

• Sorry, but Intel has made more than just one model NUC. And since our magic crystal ball is not working either, we have no way of knowing what sort of hardware you are talking about.

The URL of a pastebin'd kodi.log file would be a nice start, see here for details: HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

One crude option would be to put a xrandr command, fixating the screen on 1080p, in the autostart.sh file, but that's probably a last resort.bi

Sorry about that,

Here's the pastebin: DAFd

as for the nuc, it's the NUC5CPYH.

I tried looking around for the autostart.sh file however since my linux knowledge is not on par I couldn't find it

Edit: I just checked it again, they say it's supposed to be in the /storage/.config/autostart.sh, I'm sure its not there though.

Edited once, last by wealth (November 3, 2016 at 8:26 PM).

• If the autostart.sh file is not there, simply create it.

The Braswell N3050 should be more than capable of displaying 4K videos, albeit mostly upto 30fps. A Kodi gui running on 30fps is probably a bit laggy, but it shouldn't be that slow as you described it: "I can't navigate through a menu without some serious patience."

While running the Kodi GUI, give us the URL output of the following command:

Code
    xrandr | pastebinit

• If the autostart.sh file is not there, simply create it.

The Braswell N3050 should be more than capable of displaying 4K videos, albeit mostly upto 30fps. A Kodi gui running on 30fps is probably a bit laggy, but it shouldn't be that slow as you described it: "I can't navigate through a menu without some serious patience."

While running the Kodi GUI, give us the URL output of the following command:

Code
    xrandr | pastebinit

every arrow i click trying to navigate it just hangs for up to ten seconds, and trying to go from the left of the settings menu to the right means 4 times the wait. I don't really care about 4k anyway, I just want it to run in 1080p :p.

As for the pastebin: SdRV

• It's simply because your TV cannot go 60fps in 4K.

But try to create a autostart.sh file in the .config folder,
    and put in the following command, and reboot afterwards:

Code
    xrandr --output HMDI2 --mode 1920x1080

Not sure if this is going to stick after a video finishes, so double check first in the Video Output section of Kodi's GUI.

• It's simply because your TV cannot go 60fps in 4K.

But try to create a autostart.sh file in the .config folder,
    and put in the following command, and reboot afterwards:

Code
    xrandr --output HMDI2 --mode 1920x1080

Not sure if this is going to stick after a video finishes, so double check first in the Video Output section of Kodi's GUI.

I got the same NUC as the the owner of this thread, and also a 4K-TV.
    Is this the solution for me to? LibreELEC

I still want the TV to go for 2160 when I watch a 2160 movie. Will that happen?

IPSN

1920x1080 60.00*This is great, but sometimes it's in 4096x2160 24.00after reboot.

/Söder

Edited once, last by soder (November 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM).

• The guide at Custom EDID - LibreELEC
    didn't work for me. Or maybe the commands to create a working edid didn't work.

mkdir -p /storage/.config/firmware/edid
    cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid > /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid.bin

I tried to boot LibreELEC with the TV off, and when I turned on the TV it was just black. The created edid.bin looks kind of like the edid.bin for my old TV (that worked)..

How do I check if my edid.bin was used during boot?

EDIT: I had to edit this file instead? /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg

/Söder

Edited once, last by soder (November 16, 2016 at 1:54 PM).

• xrandr --output HMDI2 --mode 1920x1080

Don't work for me. I just had a reboot of my HTPC, and it was set default to 2160 again, even though I had that line in autostart.

/Söder

• I have the same issue, I have recently got a 4k OLED TV from LG. When I plug in my NUC the NUC5CPYH it sets itself to 4K resolution and the option to change it is greyed out.

Has anyone had any luck resolving this?

eYSV - Xrandr output