Stuttering issues on LG TV.

• Hi today I bought a new TV(LG 32LM6300PLA) because my old TV(LG 32LB5800) has some power issues.

Im using the last version of LibreElec on a RPi3.

I have everything activated on the LibreElec about changing the refresh rate automatically but I don't see any changes on my screen. Normally on my old TV the screen gets 1sec black to change the refresh rate but on this new one nothing. The TV in the menu just has one option about the refresh rate(Really hidden...) and it's activated by default.

I tested movies from Netflix and they're ok so the TV can change the refresh rate I guess but I have same issue with the movies from HDD.

I also opened the "geek" menu on the TV and it shows that the video is at 24hz or 50hz if it's a tv channel but the stuttering stills there...

Im not sure on which side is the problem... maybe I should wait for a new update because the TV is too new and it doesn't support to change the refresh rate from the HDMI(I tested all 3) ?

• I have everything activated on the LibreElec about changing the refresh rate automatically but I don't see any changes on my screen.

You have some "Screen information" type of option on your TV, so you can see what resolution and refresh rate is active at that moment?

• @

1011-835ff720b096bba3fac3b5601515b9f784456159.jpg

Klojum

Yes sure, I need to open a secret menu pressing 11111 and there I can see the refresh rate which is correct, at videos it shows 24hz and with channels 50hz. Maybe I made a mistake by posting this here because the problem still there also when I play videos from USB on the TV. So maybe it's a TV problem and LibreElec is working perfect. Sorry for wasting your time :/

• Klojum

They're every second, exactly like on the old TV if I disable the feature from LibreElec. I'll ask tomorrow at shop because is unacceptable that a TV from 2019/2020 with all fancy menus and features can't change the refresh rate...

Thanks for your time ;)

• 'Just a thought. If the content is from a TV Channel then the source material might have been broadcast in an interlaced format.

If this is the case, then the "automatic" choice of de-interlacer in Kodi 18 Leia might be too demanding on your RPi3. On my RPi2 when watching a video I had to bring up the playback menu (M on a keyboard), choose the setting dialog (gear icon), choose Video settings and set the Deinterlace method to MMAL - Bob.

If this works for you then you might wish to set as default for all media which is listed lower on the same screen.

• I might be able to help you on this as I got very bad juddering/stuttering when I had a new TV this year but mine was Samsung.

My issue only related to the raspberry pi 3 all other devices connected to my tv for example xbox, my Bt TV box and all the streaming apps on the TV didn't stutter at all but by changing a setting on the TV solved the issue.

I disable a feature on my tv called motion plus, on your LG TV this setting is called trumotion.

I first disabled this just for the pi as modern tvs allow you to change settings per hdmi input but after doing a little research on these settings built into these modern tvs it appeared a lot of people do not like this feature as it causes a soap opera effect like picture.

After playing around with these picture setting myself I decided to turn this motion plus/trumotion feature off completely as it gives a more normal look to the video content being played.

I don't know why this only caused stuttering on the raspberry pi hdmi input of my tv but either way disabling it solved it for me and I was more than happy to disable completely after comparing it on/off with other video content from other devices.

Games consoles are not effected as my tv auto puts the TV into game mode which disables all these TV features so called good features that pack tvs with nowadays.

Hope this helps

• @robmcc83

Thanks for reply, my new TV didn't had the TruMotion option because it seems LG doesn't make 32" with that option anymore. I returned back the TV and with the half of money I repaired my old LG TV which it has that option and the image is perfect now.

The RPi3 with LibreElec always worked well with no issues.

Thanks for help.