Posts by Sogard3

@robmcc83

Thanks for reply, my new TV didn't had the TruMotion option because it seems LG doesn't make 32" with that option anymore. I returned back the TV and with the half of money I repaired my old LG TV which it has that option and the image is perfect now.

The RPi3 with LibreElec always worked well with no issues.

Thanks for help.

@

1011-835ff720b096bba3fac3b5601515b9f784456159.jpg

Klojum

Yes sure, I need to open a secret menu pressing 11111 and there I can see the refresh rate which is correct, at videos it shows 24hz and with channels 50hz. Maybe I made a mistake by posting this here because the problem still there also when I play videos from USB on the TV. So maybe it's a TV problem and LibreElec is working perfect. Sorry for wasting your time :/

Hi today I bought a new TV(LG 32LM6300PLA) because my old TV(LG 32LB5800) has some power issues.

Im using the last version of LibreElec on a RPi3.

I have everything activated on the LibreElec about changing the refresh rate automatically but I don't see any changes on my screen. Normally on my old TV the screen gets 1sec black to change the refresh rate but on this new one nothing. The TV in the menu just has one option about the refresh rate(Really hidden...) and it's activated by default.

I tested movies from Netflix and they're ok so the TV can change the refresh rate I guess but I have same issue with the movies from HDD.

I also opened the "geek" menu on the TV and it shows that the video is at 24hz or 50hz if it's a tv channel but the stuttering stills there...

Im not sure on which side is the problem... maybe I should wait for a new update because the TV is too new and it doesn't support to change the refresh rate from the HDMI(I tested all 3) ?

My bad, Im using 9.2.1 with 18.6. I also edited on 1st post. Thanks for repply ;)

EDIT: The overscan happens only when I play something, when I stop the video everything gets back to normal. The overscan is visible on the video and also on the UI.

EDIT 2: It seems the TV is the problem, when the refresh changes it detects the RPi3 like another device. I pressed the Q.MENU button while something was playing and I marked the Image format as "Only scan(Translated from spanish)". Now it changes the overscan automatically and the refresh rate works perfect on PVR and movies. The only little problem is with the colors... I use the preset for Sports color which it looks perfect on the UI, now I need to use Standard preset and the colors are a little light but no big deal.

For me is solved and maybe this can help other LG users ;)

Hi, Im new to this forum so I hope I can find some help.

I have a RPi3 with last version of LibreElec 9.2.1 Leia 18.6 installed. Today I noticed I can activate the adjust the refresh rate to make the image smoother on my TV.

I have a LG 32LB5800-ZM with 3 HDMI ports, first it's ARC, the second is normal and the last is MHL. Im not interested to use ARC or MHL so Im connected to HMDI 2.

HDMI CEC is working fine because it has Simplink activated.

At 1080p 60hz the image looks perfect but when the refresh rate is activated and it gets adjusted to 50hz for PVR channels or 24hz for movies the image quality looks terrible!

There're many sharpy edges, the colors are very saturated and I also get overscan. When I stop the video everything gets to normal.

On the MHL port I don't get any of this problems but the refresh rate stills 60hz even if my TV shows the image is running at 24hz or 50hz. On the other ports I get the same problem but the refresh rate is working perfect.

I don't have other TV to test if the problem is on my RPi3 or the TV.

I hope somebody else has a similar LG TV to help me, thanks;)

EDIT : It seems the TV is the problem, when the refresh changes it detects the RPi3 like another device. I pressed the Q.MENU button while something was playing and I marked the Image format as "Only scan(Translated from spanish)". Now it changes the overscan automatically and the refresh rate works perfect on PVR and movies. The only little problem is with the colors... I use the preset for Sports color which it looks perfect on the UI, now I need to use Standard preset and the colors are a little light but no big deal.

For me is solved and maybe this can help other LG users ;)