How to acces files remotely via an ip adress

• Hello,

I have Nextcloudpi running on my raspberry pi 4 and LibreELEC on an raspberry pi 3 and I have some music and photos on my nextcloud I want to access with Kodi.

I managed to add a source with webDAV but only with a DynDNS service. I only use LibreELEC within my home network. So I want to avoid the bottle neck of my internet connection and use the IP adress of my Nextcloud instead of the DynDNS domain.

I entered everything needed (picture 1) the same way it worked with my domain, but I only get the message "unable to conect" (picture 2).

Is there something wrong or is there a reason why I can´t add a source with a local ip adress?

What are good alternatives within a network to share files with LE?

thank you for your help

• Ah got you now. Well I'm using tinc addon and got access to whole home network from my workplace over one tcp port. It's slower than sshfs I was using before but just feeling more comfy with it.

There is plenty of addons you can use. Wireguard is build in to Libre as well. If you can open one udp port it should be blazing fast.

Just don't get what bottleneck you talking about? 40ms to resolve your domain name? 😉

• My experience with Nextcloud [1] using webDAV to share files with kodi has been rather dissapointing so far.

I had no problem with my home router when accessing the WAN ip from inside the LAN. There would be double traffic on the LAN with the routing detour but should be no much of an issue for this aplication (all this traffic would never leave the LAN).

jakob the path to access my nextcloud server includes the 'nextcloud' parent. Not sure if removing it as you did could be causing you trouble.

/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/<USERNAME>

But it takes ages to start playing any video even as small as the default 4MB Nextcloud intro.mp4 one.

Anyway the issue doesn't seems related exclusively to kodi because from my desktop using nemo there is no much difference, to the point of being useless.

You can happily browse all the directories and files but as soon as I try to play any movie it gets stuck there.

So as Borygo77 I also use a VPN to access my kodi library (OpenVPN running on my main server).

[1] linuxserver.io's nextcloud docker stack running on my main server, kodi runing on a RPi3B