Pi4 No Sound, GUI or otherwise.

• - Creating a new thread -

I've had 2 Pi4 boxes for a while now, then suddenly on the same day they both stopped outputting sound.

I've checked the cables, tested all HDMI outputs on two different brand TV's. Clean re-install of 9.2.5 and upgraded to Leia 18.8. Still no sound.

Interestingly, a clean install of Xbian works just fine. :/

The only thing I can't test is the second HDMI output on both boxes. I don't know if this is expected behavior or not, but I can only connect to the left side micro HDMI. The right side (closest to the power plug input) has never given me a signal. This has always been the case on both boxes, even when the sound was working.

I've posted a log, hope I did it right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I've posted a log, hope I did it right.

Almost ...

Please use a pastebin website for your kodi logs, instead of plastering them directly onto our forum server.

We prefer to keep the forum server as lean as possible. Thanks in advance.

• I don't know if you got this fixed, but I wanted to tell you what worked for me. The Pi4 has two HDMI ports. The only one that outputs sound with LibreElec and Kodi is HDMI0.

I suggest moving your HDMI cord to the port that is closes to the power supply and seeing if that fixes the issue (it did for me).

Edited once, last by JJNova: Correct HDMI port identifier to be more concise. (September 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM).

• I think you mean HDMI0. HDMI1 is video only.

Yes, technically HDMI0. I was going for a more laymen explanation but I do see where that could be confusing on a board that has both layman and OS savvy individuals.

HDMI0 for the nerds hobbyists.

The HDMI port nearest the power supply for the layman.